Wednesday, July 7, 2021

VACATIONS

Walking Spenser gives me lots of time to see little flowers hidden among the bushes.

Vacations are wonderful times especially when family can enjoy them together.

I do miss going on vacations.
The excitment of packing and travelling.
/My family always went by train.  I loved every minute of it.
Geting reay for bed, bunk beds was fun to.
We were tucked in and then a curtain was pulled across.
The wheels made a happy sound as thy carried us on into the night.

We stayed with an elderly couple that had once been our neighbors in Saskatoon.
They were like grandparents to me.  I loved sitting in Jennie's kitchen and listening to her stories.
She always had a funny story to share.
She wanted to know everything I was doing.
Stan heer husband was very quiet.
He drove us around to many different beaches and out to Cultus Lake.
We also went to the border and had a picnic there.

Dad and I have enjoyed many trips to visit our children and our parents.
It was harder as they grew older and my parents lived in a care home.
We have had several hodays at Harrison too.

Today we may a trip to White Rock.
We couldn't find the one place and the other placed was closed on the 7th.

Came home and cheered on our team in the finals.
So often one goal can make a difference.

Shorter walks today.
Try ing to manage back and hip pain without pain pills.
It is mostly my back now.
I will do my exercisces now which I never seem to find time to do.

Happy times live on in our hearts.

Lookimg forward to seeing Carol to-morrow.

Difficult decision for Ken to have knee surgery.\
Pray all goes well.

Rick's birthday to-morrow.
Thia year has taken a lot of  courage and inner strength with many health issues.
Pray he will find some answers in this year coming.

 

1 comment:

Steady-as-rain said...

My memories of vacations when I was young seem to focus around Cultus Lake. A lovely place but I haven't been there in 40 years or more. I wonder if it has changed much?

Good that you get to see the little flowers on your walks with Spenser.

Another birthday come and gone. Yours is coming soon. :)

Love,

Rick