Thursday, July 29, 2021

THANKFUL


Thankful for our air conditioner.
It is great to have one room that is cool enough to rest.
So rest we did.
Rest means healing for me.

Early in the morning we cancelled Spenser's walk because it was already warm.  He does not like the warmer days. Fortunately  the young boy Paten came by later and took him for his big walk around and through the park.  Tonight he goes at 8 instead of 5.  Warm weather changes many things,  I am thankful for all the friends who walk our dog.

Sandra dropped by to change my furniture,  It looks good now.  Better  .Evidently people at her home are changing hers.  I find that hard to believe as it looked perfect the way it was.  Now we just have to look before we sit.

I find it hard to accept the changes I have to make.  I guess it takes a courage to accept change,  It takes patience to heal.  Life at times can make me feel crazy.  I am thankful my family still loves me, unconsitionally.  I do not need to earrn love and approval.




 

4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

So glad you have the air conditioner. Thanks goodness for Sandra and Randy!

Yes, you don't need to earn love and affection. Plenty in the bank!

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

I wonder what Sara will think now there is competition in the furniture moving. Has Carol met her yet?

Sandra

Shandel said...

You are so inspiring and very much full of wisdom. Its so true about change, it takes lots of courage and strength to do the things we know we need and yet dont want to do. Struggles every day, but we persist. I am proud of you Grandma. For changing and making strides. Even if those strides are small. Love you. I thank you for the card, it showed up the other day.

Steady-as-rain said...

Finally went to the Post Office and got my birthday card!

Thanks!!