Thursday, May 12, 2022

IMPORTANCE

 

Church is important to me.

We can now decide what is important to us
as we decide what church to attend now.

In the past it was the friendship and feeling of belonging.
Should we continue to attend the United Church?
I am finding I want more joy in my life.
Uplifting music that is lively  and awakens them soul.
It stirs emotions within me.
A message that makes me stop and think.
Built on scripture.
A bit of humor is good too.

It is important that the words of Jesus are the foundation for the sermon
and for prayer.
A church that reaches out to people in need.

I want to grow spiritually.
I want to have compassion for those who are suffering.
In our lives we all face problems
some more than others.

I have had enough of religion that demands perfection.
Prayers that are answered unexpectedly.
We share what is important to us.
We admit our brokenness
and that we need healing emotionally and physically.

We are searching for meaning and purpose
in suffering and in happiness.

Inspiration that comes like a flash of light.

I believe that God loves us unconditionally
and that is how we should love another.

Dad has just come home from getting his shot and wants to talk.

It is extremely important we listen to each other.

We are enjoying the hockey but hope Edmonton does better.




















1 comment:

Sandra said...

What shot did Dad get, his booster? Are you going to go to church this Sunday?

Sandra