Saturday, May 7, 2022

MOTHERHOOD


                                                  Becoming a mom certainly changed my life.

                                                  I told dad I should get a present on mother's day even before Rick had arrived.  He did not agree.  This was another reason I eagerly waited for the birth of our first baby.  Holding each one of my new babies was always like a miracle.  I loved each one. They were all so different at an early age.

I was very fortunate to have a wonderful mom who took good care of me.  She always got dressed up when she was going out.  I loved watching her get ready, especially when she was going to church.  Hat and gloves and her pearl necklace and a dash of perfume. She was a real lady.  She was very patient with my brother and I.  He was the one who got into the most trouble.

Becoming a gramma was even more exciting and brought a deeper sense of joy into my life. I believe my prayers are important as they have strengthened me when I felt weak and powerless.  Prayer is just talking to the source of amazing love that sustains me and gives me hope. I find that a hurting soul can become a healthy one when comforted by this presence.

I am praying for the health of all my family.  God works in mysterious ways and in his own time.  There are always lessons to be learned.  

"Joy is an experience of being connected to God and to others and rooted in and transcended by grace and compassion.  We have each other."  -Angela Gorrell

We enjoyed a visit with Carol and Penteli this morning.  They had been for a walk and they both looked healthy.  

Dad had a bad morning with a stomach upset so a visit cheered him up.  He was happy he could come and pick me up as I near the last uphill part of our walk.  

I doubt if we will make it to church on Sunday but we are looking forward to being at Sandra and Randy's.

No comments: