Thursday, May 26, 2022

REMINDERS

I need to be reminded.
I can easily put things off I do not want to do.
Yes I will go see a hearing doctor today.

 Yesterday I was the guide for our study group and I had to strain to hear.  I had not felt confident knowing I had not put enough effort into the study.  We are all good friends and everyone likes to talk.  It all went well.

I had to remind myself of the past studies I had attended.  Years ago when my health was very poor my faith also lost it's strength

I felt like my life had no purpose or meaning.

Church was not enough so I joined a Baptist study group.  The ladies knew their Bible and shared how their lives had become more meaningful.  One of the group was our doctor's wife.  Mrs. Wilbee. 

Evidently they were very concerned about me as I became more frail and weak.

 Learned a lot from this group. I moved on to a very big group in Van.  I was hungry to learn more.  I would move on to starting a group from our church.  I was the leader and teacher.  This is the same group I met  with yesterday.  They have all grown and now everyone takes a turn leading.  

I reminded myself  I did not need to have all the answers but it is important to share what you do believe.

There is energy and inspiration in a group gathering.  There is love that is unfailing.

I believe that with each day our daily lives will find the courage we need to face the changes in our lives.  We are stronger than we may know.

"Hope is the heartbeat of the soul"  unknown.

"You begin to see how the human and the divine are close because your soul was created and comes from God."  -Mother Angelica

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you donot put off getting new hearing aids, it can only make your life better to have them.
Sandra

Ken Bennett said...

Jasmine forgot her school bag today. I quickly drove to Nonnas to get the bag. The ladies at the front office looked at me with suspicion carrying in a heavy black backpack. The Texas school shooting is at the forefront of everyone's mind.
Matthew and Melina came in for a coffee and a smoothie after school.
Ken

Client Strengths said...

Mom that must have been a strange time getting more frail and searching for answers threw your Faith. You are amazing!