Sunday, February 22, 2009

CHURCH

I CAUGHT THE GLASSY WATER WITH THE REFLECTIONS - HOPE GRAMPA DID ALSO!



Sunday morning and there are a group of people preparing to head off to church. What are these people like you may ask? Well they are often kind, sincere, faithful, introspective or inspiring. They can be energetic, passionate, sensitive, lonely. ordinary, rebellious and erratic. They can be organized or unorganized, moralistic or fun-loving. Many generous beyond description and full of grace.

Many are abused and wounded while others may be controlling and confidant. There is no description that can describe those who are drawn to a place of worship. It can be habit or an awareness of need.


Some are aware of their own inner emptiness and are searching for answers; with a deep desire to nourish the spiritual demension of their souls. The Jesus inhabited want to live with the awareness of His presence in their daily lives. In the moments of joy or sorrow, peace or angst
safe or insecure I want to feel that I am not alone. I am different in what I think and in what I read but I still try to fit into this messed up world.



It takes COURAGE to draw from that inner source of strength and ignore the doubts and failures.



"COURAGE enables us to offer forgiveness knowing there may be no response,"

to give generously of our time even when it drains us of our inner energy and we become weary.

Faith that builds up courage allows us to keep on trying and to love with all our hearts.




Ephesians 3: Clory be to Him, whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.


Grandpa and I are looking forward to going out to Chilliwack after church to celebrate his birthday. I am so very thankful to have such a loving and forgiving family who have made a place in their hearts for us.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the party went well .
Ken

Anonymous said...

I didnt know I needed to forgive you both for anything. I think I should do the forgiving and more so the thanking.

-theresa