Saturday, February 7, 2009

RESCUED

SANDRA CHECKING UP ON GRAMPA - MORNING PHONE CALL


Once again we are reminded how good it is to be surrounded by a loving family.
Sandra and Mary went and got a steamer for dad, some cough medicine and some boast.
I was putting kettles on and did intend going to the store. Dad had a better night last night
but being sick and continually coughing is extremely miserable.
He has an appointment with the doctor on Monday and I would hope if there was any thing that showed up on the x-ray we would be informed. But you never know.

Meanwhile Jane and I drove to Langley to see an old dear friend in a 5 star Nursing Home. We have been trying to arrange this for about a month. I would never want to stay in a place like this although it is so beautiful there is not the friendly atmosphere that there is an the Newton Regency. But in both places it seems difficult for people to make friends and that is the sad part.
Betty regrets being so far away even in her perfect hotel like setting.


Rick, can you shorten your report to two simple sentences I seem to get lost trying to read it?


"Study can lead us to great spiritual insight and bring us comfort in the midst of deep suffering"
I quote this because to try to be "spiritual" by prayer or even attending church and reading our Bibles does not always answer our questions nor heal our deepest inner sadness. I believe we all carry some regret and some doubt that needs wisdom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am mainly just writing to myself and forget to mention how happy I am. But that does not mean that I am not always looking for the deeper meaning in life. I know that we are encouraged to live in the "now" but I am thankful for what I have learned on my journey here to where I am now.

Anonymous said...

mom, are you writing comments on your own blog now? Hope you and dad both get some sleep tonight? Let Mary know if you would like a ride to the doctor on Monday morning if dad is not feeling up to driving himself.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

No, I don't think I could summarize the 10 page report into two sentences. Maybe I could restate it as an aphorism: "The time to make a deal has arrived."

Hope Dad goes to the doctor tomorrow.

Love,

Rick