Thursday, February 26, 2009

THE VIEW

VIEW FROM KIM'S BALCONY - NOT TOO GOOD - GETTING DARK



We enjoyed the view from Kim and Mike's new place, and when we go to Theresa and Mikie's
I like looking for the mountains. Sandra and Randy have beautiful views of beautiful flowers and perfect green grass. Carol and Panteli have a beautiful yard too.

We lost our beautiful view when we moved and it does take some adjusting to be so close to other people. As long as I can see the sky I am happy. As a child I was taught that God lived in the sky in a place called heaven.

The first grief I experienced in life was the loss of my mom's mom who had lived with us when I was very small. Our home was full of sadness and my mother's unhappiness. I realized for the first time that parents had there own problems that I was not apart of. I do not remember how long this lasted because no one talked about death or grief. I knew that soldiers went off to war and were killed and this was apart of life.

Even sadder was the death of my Uncle who died driving drunk. This time with the death came anger. My mom was angry at the pain of her sister and her unhappy marriage with Sam. God did not seem to have apart in any of this from his place in heaven.

I worry about all my children and grandchildren driving in this miserable snow and ice. Dad and I did not go out last night and I will not go visiting to the home today because they will not expect me to come. And they worry about me driving. I will go for a walk I hope I can take a picture of the snowdrops flowering.

I think we all struggle with suffering and even like Job feel angry at God. At least we admit that God some how has a part in our living and dying. Jesus taught me that he is present in our suffering and in him is comfort and healing. Jesus also teaches us that to be angry at the injustice and at the unfairness of life does not can stir us up to try to change the world in which we live.

Daily we are hearing of people being shot in our neighborhoods and people are expressing deep anger.

Lent is a time to reflect on the brevity of life and a time to see God so close to us He invites us to enter into the uncertainly of life with Him. We all play a major role in the lives of the people we share. When we are vulnerable can be a time when we are most open to ask questions and explore our faith and search for meaning. As we grow older our memories become more important. I remember taking the four children to a long walk to the beach in Tssawwsen by loading up two in the wagon I pulled while the older ones walked. It was often a long hot walk but the children had great fun when we got to the water. They played together and it was good.

Life is all about learning and relearning and new grow coming out of the earth each spring.

This was not what I meant to write about but sometimes maybe the words flow from deep within us waiting to be expressed. It is time for the soul to express what the mind is not even aware we are thinking of.

What do you think about that?

But nothing stsys the same even the Barenaked Ladies are breaking up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ONE OF THE VERY BEST MEMORIES OF MY LIFE WAS COMING HOME FROM WORK AND SEEING YOUR NOTE THAT YOU HAD WALKED TO THE BEACH WITH THE KIDS.

I DROVE OUR OLD CAR DOWN AND STARTED WALKING ALONG THE DIKE, IN A FEW MOMENTS I SAW YOU AND THE FOUR LITTLE ONES, ALL OF YOU IN YOUR BATHING SUITS - TRUDGING ALONG IN THE BLAZING SUN, ALL BROWN AS BERRIES, YOU PULLING THE OLD WAGGON - THE BIG SMILE FROM YOU WHEN WE MET - MY HEART WAS SO FULL OF LOVE AND I WAS SO THANKFUL FOR YOU ALL.
LOVE
LARRY

Anonymous said...

You know, I was watching my DVD "Dead Like Me" and they had a scene where the girl, Georgia, gets a new job. She walks into the office where a man is allready working at his desk, she says hi, he emails her. She asks him a question, he emails her. All the time they are back to back in the same office. So I have to wonder, how close are you two to each other that you write on each others blogs?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I READ MOM'S BLOG - JUST LIKE YOU EVERY MORNING - ONLY MAKE A COMMENT NOW AND THEN!