Saturday, February 14, 2009

DISILLUSIONED


Yes disillusioned and yes disappointed in the abuse of so called Christians. This is because another documentary on the residential schools bring this out and sickens our hearts.

Yes, we are not perfect, we can be stubborn and ambitious and unforgiving and rebellious just to name a few faults.

Yes, a lot of abused people turn to religion and need deep inner healing.
James says we all stumble in many ways and that is so true.

Jesus said, "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believes in me to stumble, it would be better to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

Jesus did not preach a warm and friendly message that would please everyone. In fact the good news offended many.

You are cursed by your riches.
You are blessed even when you are poor
Pious prayers mean nothing
Humility is the secret of greatness.
Our own words will destroy us, or set us free.

Jesus got angry when salvation was sold to those with the perfect sacrifice
and the temple was a market place not a place of prayer.

I know many good Christians and I know that many good deeds have been done in the name of Jesus.
I know many lifes have been changed and I know we can be liberated by the truth if we are willing to search for it, believe and try to live it.

Happy Valentines Day I hope we all feel loved and lovable!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on Mom!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day Mum .

Ken