Thursday, February 19, 2009

DECISIONS

What a beautiful day for a birthday. We drove to Ladner to have lunch on the dock. Oliver dropped by he won't join us on Sunday also Carol and Panteli.

I have been trying to take the Tylenal 3 once a day but when I do I end up with intense pain and have to lie down. It upsets your stomach. I have decided to see if I can go back to the Women's Hospital where they do through ex-ams and where I went years back. I am hopeful they will take me.

I do not find pain spiritually up-lifting and the only benefit I can see is that I am more compassion to others sometimes. On the other hand I can shut out really listening because I am too self-absorbed.

Yesterday at the U.C.W. meeting the devotional was about looking into your own life; into your soul and discover where you need courage Courage that empowers us to try again when there has been repeated failure. I have been inspired by others in my family especially Carol and Sandra to take responsibility for their own health.

I had a dream that I was at the doctors and when I was called in I was teken from bed to bed full of sick people. I am thankful for the health that I have but I have decided to live with pain if you can possibly help it to heal well you should keep trying.

When I run out of courage I believe that I can ask God for more and that I can trust Him to show me inner resiliency that flows from Him into me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I forgot to call and say happy birthday! We had a message from Randy's mom on the phone that her sister has a couple of weeks to live, cancer of some sort, we will find out more. At least they have our visit to look forward to.
Sandra