Sunday, February 8, 2009

SIGNS OF SPRING

THE RISING SUN - PROMISING NEW LIFE THE WARMTH IT NEEDS
THE BUDS LOOK SO SOFT AFTER THEIR BATTLE TO SURVIVE THE WINTER


Everyday when I go for my walk I am now looking for signs of spring. Not many buds are brave enough yet to start appearing. This is the time of year I wish I had put lots of daffodils and tulips in so that they would be pushing their way through snow and all. At least our days have more sunshine and most of the snow is melted; except the huge pile in the parking lots.

Larry will not be going to church today and he slept well without a lot of coughing.

I will put on my Sunday best; well I am not sure what that is; and be off to church. [a funny aside when we went to the five star nursing home the word was that people had to dress appropriately at all times and I was not really decked out. Because I had just got back from my long walk with Janet and Mary and Sandra came in the door I just grab my nearest clothes and rushed out the door because Jane was casing a traffic jam at our little corner of the road. Jane and I got lost because of detours but we had fun. We went out for Vietnamese food and really did not know what we were ordering. I often wish I could just say well I will have what those guys over there are having. Kim is very good at these places.

I was pleased to be asked to read. "Arise, shine for your light has come and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.- -- the Lord will be your everlasting light." Isaiah 60

I think that it is amazing that these words written so long ago are still being read today. The Spirit of the living word invites us to become a part of the story. Instead of the cartoon of the little man with the cloud over his head, we have this picture of light shining upon us.

I am glad to be reading good news knowing that I believe it to be true.

We are expecting Chris and Belinda Today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually you do not need to put on your "Sunday Best" anymore but are encouraged to just come as you are.

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful pictures.
And you are the best that Sunday has ever seen, so don't worry about dressing fancy.
kim

Anonymous said...

Nice photos Mum .
Ken

Anonymous said...

really great pictures grandma!
-theresa