Friday, February 20, 2009

UPLIFTING

Every morning I welcome the day with prayer asking God to fill me with a love that is strong and a faith that is thankful. It is so easy to be disconnected to our spiritual self with daily tasks, often so mondaine. I pray for our family as they come to mind. Each one so different but they all bring us great joy.

Watching President Obama arrive was uplifting and I love our Govenor-General Michaelle Jean.
Their smiles and their energy really touches the heart because they have become special to us. I was proud of Harper too and felt he expressed himself better. They have tough jobs so they need our prayers too.

Our front lawn has been looking so ugly and barren but now that I see some signs of life I feel encouraged. I will never have the passion for gardening that Sandra does. She does things right and creates a lot of beauty.

Jane and I had a nice walk to Starbucks for coffee and that too was uplifting as we share together. Good friends are a treasure. Then it was off to the Nursing home. I am enjoying reading a story avout a library cat to Kathleen who loves cats. She worries more about my sore back than her own condition in her wheel chair. She is sure that prayer will cure me. The visiting went well and they are all so dear.

Left at home dad chopped up the Christmas tree to be put in compost, then rode his bike down to Zellers. He made it all the way up the hill. He also does the dishes now, much better than I do, so that is a great blessing.

Today is the long walk with Janet but I really do not want to stop walking and this is a challenge.
I find going for a walk with a friend is a good way to keep in touch, and when I walk alone I like to talk to Jesus.

We are looking forward to seeing most of the family on Sunday for dad's birthday. We are sorry that Michael John will not be able to make it and we will talk to Leah on Sat. He sure is enjoying the new T.V. It is great to watch the hockey games on. Carol went out to see Benjamin in his hip hop class and I would have liked to have gone too.

Oh dear bad news the pond is not running again and the water is freezing cold I wonder if dad will want to fix it. We have some exciting news to share! [I am not suppose to know about!]

Question: Can prayer or meditation lead you into a place where you accept that whatever comes into your life is a gift from God? "The sort of prayer that absorbs all manner of pain, and transforms it into hope." Kathleen Norris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are lucky have such a good friend to walk
with.
Ken