Monday, February 23, 2009

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL

BUT SHE DOSNT GIVE UP - AND HERE WE HAVE THE RESULTS - TEMPORARILY!!
WITH SORE BACK DECIDES TO TEAR HOUSE APPART - MAYBE A LITTLE MORE THAN SHE THOUGHT

It was good to have our happy family gather at Theresa's house for Larry's birthday. Ben is now an avis chess player and played grandpa @ Chris @ Pentali. There was lots of good food but I forgot to tell Theresa she had to actually turn the rice cooker on not just plug it in. Morgan dances around in her little ballet dress and she loves to tell everyone her name is Morgan.

It was a bright day in a spring that for me has seen very drab and slow. I am back to waking up very early which is annoying and I cannot figure myself out.

Yesterday the minister asked for those who wanted to put their faith in Jesus to stand. This was also a call to those who had never done this as well as those who had. So of course I stood up and was among a very few that stood and I was right up front. If it was at our United Church I feel that people would think "Well I've always been a "Christian." I've always gone to church and been a good person.

It is hard to describe something that has been thought of as a Religion with its dogma and tradition as a turning to the light from the shadows. I think the word shadow defines it better than darkness because in the shadow there is just enough light to keep us going but not enough to allow us to see the possibility of an inner change.

Maybe I am just a dreamer but I choose to believe that in Jesus there is hope. Hope that is real and vital and alive.
We are entering the period of the church called Lent, which takes on the journey to the cross. During this time Jesus asked Philip: " Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me?"

I felt like Jesus was asking me that question and I feel reassured that his own disciples who walked with him really did not understand him. All I can do is keep asking questions and try to listen with an open heart. It all comes down to loving those around us because Jesus loves them even more.

Today three of us are off to the doctors. Little Matthew with his roving eye, grandpa with his knee and hip pain and myself with my acking back. We all want answers and hopefully we will get some helpful advice.

Yesterday was a special day with many happy moments. Theresa has made grandpa a beautiful book of memories which he can add to with his own words. I was touched when Mary said "I am most like grama" and then Kim said "no I think I am most like grama"

We are so proud of Chris getting his fork lift license and working so hard. I think that all our family are doing good at trying to improve their lives in many ways.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i SUGGESTED TO DAD TO PUT THE SUNNY PICTURE OF WATER AND TREES.
i AM GOING TO HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO PUT MY OWN PICTURES ON.

Anonymous said...

When do you and dad have your doctor appointments? Do we have to wait till tommorrow to get an update?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

It is Pancake Tuesday here !
As I am at work I will just have toast.
Ken

Anonymous said...

It seems like a good time was had by all on Sunday.

I'm glad Chris has his fork-lift licence now. I will call him next weekend and congratulate him.

Rick

Anonymous said...

Well, I am the most like grampa, how many can say that!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

It is hard to describe something that has been thought of as a Religion with its dogma and tradition as a turning to the light from the shadows. I think the word shadow defines it better than darkness because in the shadow there is just enough light to keep us going but not enough to allow us to see the possibility of an inner change.

- beautifuly written.

By the way, I wask thinking, " no! I am most like grandma... or would like to be!

Theresa