Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MY FACEBOOK @ HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD

A BEAUTIFUL CRISP SUNNY BIRTHDAY MORNING - TO COOL FOR COFFEE



Some days when I try to turn on facebook it just does not work. Like yesterday. Dad's facebook goes on the internet which is good.

We are muddling along on plans for dad's birthday and it is now set for Sunday at Theresa's.

Went for one of my longer walks yesterday and was pretty darned tired. It is so easy to get out of shape but getting back is like climbing a mountain. I missed my yoga and my rest because we drove to Langley to look for Chess Sets. Ben really wants to play chess with grandpa.

Today I have U.C.W. at Colebrook Church and then Larry and I may visit Shirley in the afternoon. She will be ninety on Feb. At our book group on Sunday night we had 4 people with birthdays in the next week and three of them on the 25 of Feb.

Tonight we have homegroup and I will have to get a rest in if I am going to go. I do best if I have two rests a day which frustrates me.

Like I read this morning "Accepting the reality of our broken, flawed lives is the beginning of spirituality." I pray every morning trying to turn my day over to Jesus because like trying to have a relationship with anyone we have to take time to talk to them and even more important listen.

I read the old testament I come across holy people who can be good one minute but then "insecure, mentally unstable, unbelieving, shrewd, lying, grudge-holding tyrants the next."

There must be lots of hope for us ordinary, garden-varity believers. I was temped to say sinners. Should I have?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, I think sinners is an unkind word, beievers at least sounds hopefull.
Sandra