Monday, April 20, 2009

CONGRATULATIONS

CORDYLINE
Congratulations to all our sun runners. I believe Michael John and Mary ean it in 1 hour 5 minutes, and I have not heard about Theresa or Kim and maybe they were not registered. Good job you guys.

There was a lot of noise over on Scott Road after the Conucks won, people waving signs and car honging. Congrats to the Canucks.

Yes, you would have all been very proud of your mom who gave her little talk at church. There were four of us and all quite different. I am able to speak clearly and it is from my heart; as they all were. I get so very nervous before I start. I came home with a lower back pain but took a few pills and it went away. That is a little miracle for me.

Dad is promising to go to the doctor today. The pills he is taking seem to be helping his legs. I told him a year ago he should try them. Now if we can get this lip cancer healed that will be a major miracle. Brian my brother phoned he also has skin cancer, kidney problems and slight high blood pressure. Traudl his wife has very high blood pressure. She still likes to do a little skiing but had a fall.

We went over to Tavis's and she looked lovely in a deep purple evenning dress. All the girls looked exceptionally pretty. All the families were there so a big crowd. We forgot our camera but at least remembered to go.

Sandra and Randy dropped by. "What is tHAT flower" she said SOUNDING LESS THAN THRILLED. They had been to Queen Elizabeth Park. Sandra and Carol are promising to come and help me with my garden next Friday so that is good. Carol has bought my car now.

Rick is coming down next Friday to go to U. B. C. to do research so that is good to have a visit.

I am waiting for dad to wake up so we can have some scrambled eggs together. Maybe I should go for a walk first.

There is something in each one of us that reaches out to that which is beyond us; the great mystery of God! To say yes to the Unknown God
that we can only try to imagine opens the door to faith.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont think I said it was ugly, I just said what is it? That is how I remember it at least. So dad did not have any luck finding the picture? Maybe if Carol and I come over on Friday I will look through the albums again.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I will phone instead of commenting.
ken

Anonymous said...

lol, hey, that is no fair, no secret commenting allowd. You know mom is honor bound to report all blog comments dont you?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the talk at church went well. Maybe the dream was related to church??

Love,

Rick