Friday, April 10, 2009

WAS IT FATE?

OVER ALL THE WORLD THE MOON IS SHINING ON OUR FAMILY


Was I wrong? I certainly upset dad and he was probably right.

The day had been going well I visited at the nursing home with an Easter Lily and some cards. I had dropped by Janes's to leave her some books to read while she gets over this miserable cold.

I had found out by chance that Dr. Nolte would be in the office from 6 till 8. I thought what a nice Easter gift to tell him I am off all those nasty pain pills and also get other two refills. One for the stomach medicine Pariet that is helping dad and the Actonel for the osteophorous that I tried to re-order but couldn't get at the drugstore. I also had a picture of Matthew because I've shown him Ben and Morgan and showed him our precious little Madeline; and how sad we are were going through losing her. So we have so much to be happy about. We had just get fun marching in with Sandra and Randy [his favorite patient] at Christmas to wish him Merry Christmas so I wanted to wish him Happy Easter. I had a card I could have left!
I "told " dad I am okay I can drive down but he kindly offered to drive and we had fish and chips on the way. Now I got there about 15 to 6 and the room was full so it looked like an hour wait. But I took a book along and was prepared to wait. At 15 to 7 a lady about 50 or so came in desparate for an appointment the nurse said Dr. Nolte was definitely not taking any patients. This lady had phoned in desperation and had been told to come for the evening clinic. . The nurse said no way Could she allow any more patients. The poor lady was close to tears and was begging just for a quick appointment.

I have been there and know what it is like to be in pain and desparate. She was waiting out in the hall. So I offered her my place in line. She was so grateful and the nurse was willing but not happy to stroke me off and put her on.

I felt bad for dad waiting, he had gone out to the car by now, waiting when he was not feeling so good. I think he would have done the same thing. I felt I had done what was right. I had no idea it would be so busy but Friday the offices are closed and probably Sat. and Monday. Anyway dad being a good sport got over it quickly and we got home in time to see the hockey gam
We all can be annoying at times so this was one of those times! [referring to me]

Dad did finished his door project and that was an amazing feat when your strength is not what it used to be. I am very proud of his good job.

Neither of us felt like going out so "late" at night. This is the time of the year for small sacrifices. What a small thing compared to what Jesus did He showed us that love can conguer the bad and the ugly. His death changed many lives and still does today.

The news we hear every day is unreal with people being shot or killed all around us. The world is in a mess but maybe if we could all do something in our little corner a little bit more love can seep into this world.

I am so very blessed to have such a loving husband I am sure God sent him to watch over me! I will try to listen to his advice more.

Life would be so much easier if we were easier to love but we have many "unloveable" moments!

I am also blessed to have such a good friend as Janet. I did the walk over to her side across no. 10. This would be my first long walk as i have been doing the two smaller walks twice a day when I can. The plan was for Larry to picked me up.
I call this my healing walk where we listen to each other and there is a special bond there. Jane is another one among many friends who bless my life.

Janet gave me the Actonel I needed and now the prescription is filled because I went over sure it was there somewhere. I can now return Janets.
Ben is feeling better so that is good news.
Dad is trying out things to put in his shoes. Well, you just have to keep trying! I cut the lawn and did some yard work and enjoyed my nice back ache that was so normal. Now I can put heat on it not cold frozen peas!
Maybe we will go down to Zellers or Chapters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mom,

How many times do I have to tell you that it was Jesus' life that was important, not his death? A couple million more times, I suppose. Oh well. Could be worse.

And, you never know, maybe you helped save the life of the lady that came in at quarter to 7 to see Dr. Nolte.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

You Did the Christian thing mom .
Ken
ps glad ur back is sore ... good sore !!

beth bennett said...

Yes Dear you did a good thing - but - what you did not mention - I had spent orver two houes waiting at the same place only four hours earlier - and left without getting my phisio completed to get home in time so you could do your visiting.
me