Tuesday, April 21, 2009

WEDDINGS

This one is in Melbourne. Good luck Ken and Melina shopping for a suit, a dress and shoes etc. It should be a fun time with your house overflowing so Matthew should have lots of attention. Just got a call from Sandra all a twiter thinging maybe it was Ken and Melina. lol

So Ken, who is getting married? And yes I did see Matthew with his black eye I just forgot.

Actually you were right Ken the mouse was not working Sat. morning and I got busy outside etc. Then I rewrote my little talk.

Today dad is off to see his family doctor. He is happy the pills seem to be helping his feet. Now he is on drugs and I am off. The skin cancer on his lip is such a stressful worry and maybe some one from the cancer clinic can see him because his appointment is not until next month and his skin doctor has gone on holidays. He should be looked at every week even for a moment to check if he is putting too much on or if he should increase it. Dad needs help making these decisions.

Deserea [Cathy's daughter] is dropping by this morning for a visit. We are important grandmother figures in their lives. They do not feel that close to their dad's parents who I think are very nice. But we get invited to all the little birthday parties; actually the children can chose who they want to invite. I hope dad's appointment is not too long so he gets home in time to visit with her.

I am leading the Bible study tomorrow and it is an effort to do this lesson. It is talking about "The Day of the Lord" which is judgment day and I am not big on these fear things. Actually the lesson is about Paul coming and telling them it is not coming yet. I have a lot of background reading that I want to go through.

I will always have some back pain like we all do but what a difference to not have the extreme pain and that it is helped by Advil or Tylenol. I may take an occasional Tylenol 3 if I over- due it. I am so glad I got off that major drug stuff to which you can become addicted.

Kim stopped by to drop off some paint stuff we left at Carol's and some of her art from school. She was on her way to see Sydney her friend who had a bad car accident, broke her neck but fortunately she will be able to walk again but she is going through a difficult time.

I did more cancer collecting yesterday. I was given a bigger map and did not realize it was a bigger area. I do not like doing it but most people are kind and friendly. One lady invited me back to come for a visit but I am not sure which one? ? One man said he would not have given to anyone else but since I had a friendly face he donated. One person said to call back and my neighbor at the house where the noisy boys lived said he will bring his donation over when he gets paid.

I sit and watch the hockey looking for this picture Sandra wants. We have too many pictures. I would still like a picture of each of the Aussie kids. Maybe Hobey when he graduates will have a picture.

I will wake up dad and try to get a short walk in this morning. I am looking forward to Sandra and Carol coming over to help me. Theresa has a busy weekend with her book club and Sat, Ben has a party to go to.

I am trying to eat more protein as I think that is partly why I am so tired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what is this about a wedding in Australia?

Anonymous said...

Has Carol figured out who is looking after her dog when her and Panteli are off in China?

Rick

Anonymous said...

Melina's cousin is getting married this weekend, his name is Brendan and he is marring Shelly .

Ken