Wednesday, April 1, 2009

THE FROZEN PEAS


Well Ken, I did not take your advice and eat my frozen peas. I really do not think they would be too eatable they have been in and out of the freezer and top of my head more times than I can count. So; first thing this morning I sneaked down the dark stairs; deciding not to wake dad who seemed to be sleeping so peacefully, to get my package of well used frozen peas. I took my pills and put on the peas and tried to imagine myself at a warm beach. I am so thankful that they eventually work. I am trying to be positive but I must say my first thought was I just cannot take this any more. I did not pray but a little groan escaped my lips and woke up dad. I know this must take it's course but yesterday my faith was strong and I felt healed!

I have this wonderful vision of going to see Dr. Nolte and proudly boasting I am off the pain medicine! I do have three weeks to obtain this goal.

Should I be ashamed that I did not even think of praying?

I am reminded that Jesus did not expect us to soar through life as heavenly, spiritual beings that conquer all our faults; because we are all imperfect and very human beings. I prayed later thankful when the pain left.

I am very thankful that my "bucket list" is full and I enjoy life and hope to continue to learn some new lessons that come with these mature years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Besides, with so many secrets floating around, how can I remember what I told dad. Maybe I did, maybe I didnt. I thought I did...
Latest update, Randy is thinking next weekend.
Sandra
PS I dont think we will have peas for supper tonight, you might feel an irresistible urge to put them on your head.