Sunday, April 12, 2009

lOTS OF lOVE AT EASTER

HE IS RISEN ! ! !
Happy Easter. It is such a joyful time. I have wonderful memories and I feel like a new person now with the joy of being with family to look forward to.

We all have to find our own happiness and to know you are loved is a gift and we have an amazing loving family. We know how to laugh together.
We are so happy that Kenny has such a loving family; Melina and Jessie and Mathew and all the relations. It is good that Chris and Leah will be with Susan and Keith and they are back in their home again, although the floors still need fixing. Rick has moved a little closer to us now at blind bay so hopefully we will see more of him. From the pictures he is taking at Isle of Man I would love to go there. Randy has surprised us by coming home early to join us so that is good. I think maybe he even saw Cameron's new girl friend. Shawna has her family which helps when Stephen is away. It is hard to get everyone together so we will miss Oliver and Tasha and Justice unless something changes.

Easter memories for me; the little believer that I was, waking up knowing that Jesus was alive. He was like the soldiers going off to war to fight for freedom but so many of them were dying. I remember the death of my grandmother; my mom's mom, because she had lived with us. I knew my mom was very very sad.

Easter was about painting eggs and if you were lucky getting some chocolate; or maybe a new dress. It was an exciting day because it made the impossible believe able. The songs at church where all about victory and love that lives on.

I am praying that dad will find some solution to his health problems. I will ask for more prayers for him. I think we are going to find some answers if we keep looking and trying and asking and seeking.

It is a rainy morning not that great for outdoor Easter hunting but I know Ben and Morgan will be hunting for Easter eggs. Matthew beat Jessie in finding the first egg and unwrapped it and ate it.

I have memories of Easter Sunrise services where a few of us gathered but there was such a feeling of warmth and great enthusiasm as we sung with the guitars and greeted the dawn joyfully.

Well, dad is up so I'd better see what we can do about breakfast and then off to Colebrook for church. Jane is reading scripture if she is well enough and Pat and John's grandson is going to be a donkey. Then it is home to make a vegetarian casserole for Kim.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone! !

4 comments:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Anonymous said...

Hi thank you for your comment; so encouraging! beth

beth bennett said...

Also my son plays guitar and my grandson plays the stand up base!

Anonymous said...

Hoppy Easter Mom .
We had a great Day yesterday. The kids made pinyata's,new Easter tradition I guess. Joan made her famous pasta dish " pasta forno " bAked pasta , which takes two days to prepare. Jesse found 96 Easter eggs! Matthew found 2 . Lovely and sunny and warm here.
Love ken , Melina , Jesse , Matthew.