Monday, April 13, 2009

UGLY

MORGAN WAITS IMPATIENTLY AT TABLE FOR OTHERS TO COME
ON WAY TO TSAWWASSEN -- BEAUTIFUL BLUE SKY FIGHTS ITS WAY OUT OF THE CLOUDS AND RAIN

Sometimes a picture taken makes us look ugly; like the picture of me looking like Phylis Diller. Now that was after I had been out in the wind at the tennis courst with Ben and Morgan; Carol and Panteli. Morgan calls Carol Panteli as well as Panteli.

We had a beautiful Easter dinner at their home with everyone contributing; even chocolate covered strawberries by Randy. Morgan wanted to know where Jesus was since it was his party. I will have to be better prepared to give a better answer. I said he had a lot of parties to go to. I was also told saying some one is a Christian is not a compliment; and I can see the point that this is not something that makes you better than others but for me Easter Day is celebrating the joy that faith in an act of violence producing victory over that violence. The cross reminds us that power destroys and controls us but God speaks in an act of humilty and surrender to identify with the weak and the needy.

We do not like looking at the ugly; especially our own pictures, but it is only by facing the ugly we see how great the need to change is. I cannot say yesterday was a joyful day for me, even though it was great to be with everyone. I made at least one thoughtless remark for which I was truly ashamed.

We all have done or said something that hurts the ones we love the most. The good and the ugly fight a war within us all and we need help to overcome and win our inner struggles. We will never be perfect but we can try to be more loving!

"Sin is it's own punishment, devouring you from within." The Shack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, you are wrong to be ashamed for Randy's reaction to your harmless comment. You had no reason at all to even suspect that he would be so angry. You would make your life miserable by trying to not step on toes once and a while.

Anonymous said...

randy has been laid off work for a month unfairly because of the union. He took the fall.

Sometimes the girls take over the talking and the men need to be more assertive to get a word in.

We have been invited over for supper and I have promised to behave; well I will try. Mom