Saturday, November 14, 2009

BARREN

I am missing the fall colours
I am missing the sound of our pond which is still right now.

Ah I am feeling a little barren this morning. November does this to me. Or maybe it is the de-caf coffee? It was very cold this morning and I would have ordered Bob Crakket {?] to put more coals on the fire.
Yesterday was a good day we went delivering glutin-free bread to friends and neighbors. Now that warmed my heart I can tell you. We had a late lunch at the White Spot mainly because we were parked there and did not want to be too late driving home.
The clouds on the way home where spectacular and I took picture after picture but I do not think I catured the sun shining behind the huge clouds. Maybe the angels do ride the clouds and have great fun sliding down the bumps.
Today it is off to Chapters for me and yes I may very well be tempted. Larry is going to the library to hear about geneology. I have decided to use my imagination as far as my parents go. My dad may very well have been a spy who came to South America after the war as still a very young man. Too bad he never talked about this.
Mom was a beautiful dark haired nurse, quiet and shy, but just maybe there was a young doctor she was secretly in love with. Her friends from the nursing dorm remained her best friends all her life. She tried to go to the odd re-union. She was called Smithie.
To-morrow we may go to Colebrook as it is the friends that draw us there. I do miss the energy and passion of Gracepoint and the sermons that make you think .
Thank you Jane for calling I wondered if since I have had no comments anybody would miss my ramblings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why smithee ? My bike is in the shop for repairs . Matthew is talking more and more .Did you get the picture of him with his bookcase ? Melina is feeling the baby streach . sorry i don't comment everyday, i do read it everyday .

Ken

Anonymous said...

My moms last name was Smith.
Yes we got the picture of Matthew and his books. Great picture.
Too bad about your bike and I hope you are okay or do you still have aches and pains.
I was fortunate that in a lot of ways I felt better when I was pregnant but I still can remember all the discomfort. Hang in there Melina we love you!