Monday, November 9, 2009

OUR OWN BEDS


There is something about the comfort of your own bed that we appreciatte. It is familiar and it is good to feel at home. Even if my life is difficult at times I would not trade with anyone else.
There is much that is changing and causes a little uncertainty as we look at our future.
Even my understanding of religion is changing. The underlying myths and images and stories are being told in new ways. Our United Church is going through a period of transition which has been uncomfortable. We will be forced into making changes but in order to do that the past has to be healed with forgiveness and the future explored together.
I am also most comfortable with my own religion with all it's faults and all it's dogmas. This too is now changing. Culturally it fits my view of my world and I feel comfortable in different worship settings and I am also am looking at what makes life sacred and holy. Certainly it is setting time aside to talk with God, who is within and without. We are in a process of consciousness transformation that come with testing and with revelation.
Underneath it all is the reality that one day we I will have to face death; and I would want to do that with courage as well as with faith. But for now, I want to live a fuller and richer life that includes a community of faith as well as my own dear family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Succint and to the point. I think it is because all the lumps and bumps are made by you so they fit your body.
I am back at work, feeling alomst all better.
Sandra