Wednesday, November 25, 2009

DREAM ON

I love taking pictures. This is from last week about 4 o'clock.


I love getting up in the morning and thinking of what I am going to write about. I do get annoyed when I cannot get into my picture project because I love putting pictures on too.

I have decided my computer takes loooonger to wake up than I do. A note flashed on my computer saying I can get "Wake up calls with Snooze". So the computer is reading my blog. lol
I could not believe yesterday morning how quickly 9 o'clock came and we had to leave the house. I am used to taking my time getting dressed and quite enjoy that. There had been accidents on the roads already so we wanted to get there in time. We go to the eye clinic next to the Van. General Hospital and fortunately know where to park although the parking meeter is a bit of a challenge. At least it did not keep our money when we kept doing it wrong. One of the problems is that it is a big parking, under the building, and a line soon forms behind you as you try to pay for your ticket. We usually let the next person go on ahead before we try again.
Dad had the three tests yesterdays so we were there from 10 until 12:30. We did have a coffee between appointments which I was very grateful for because I was so cold. His pressure is up one point which we will take as good news because it is still under the danger area. Then we head down to the Sylvia, the place we both love. It was nice and warm there and the staff remember us and are warm and friendly. I took pictures but will not put them on for awhile because I have to use up the ones I have already down-loaded. Does that make sense.
I am worried about dad. We walked out the car entrance instead of walking up all the stairs. His knees are bothering him and sometimes give out. I think you have to keep using things or they become weaker. He has now asked the doctor, who had suggested it, for a cripple card for his car. I heard on the T.V. an ad for vitamin D to help gout etc. I will give him a double dose twice a day. I really believe he should do the water exercise and I think once he got in the habit it would be okay. He enjoys looking things up on the computer and is looking into genealogy but personally I do not think that is so good for his shoulder or his knees. ["Just remembered the song Knees Up Mother Brown"] This is how my brain works.
I loved the responses yesterday about dreaming. It just happens my book on healing is talking about the healing power of dreams. Then there was a show on NOVA on dreaming but I did not find it spiritual enough.
Today I may walk with Jane as we decide when the day arrives what we have on and what we can do etc.
Rick is arriving at 8 to-night after driving out to U.B.C. We will miss our question and answer group from Gracepoint. They will say a prayer for Matthew and I am praying that he is improving. Rick is off heading home in the morning with meetings in Seumas and Abbots ford if I remember right.
There is always things to look forward to and enjoy. I have wonderful chocolate cake from Carol that is cut up in the freezer when I get a craving for cake. It was a great way to end our Sunday dinner with chef Randy and decorator Sandra. Dining room looked beautiful with lots of candles and wine! I was thinking they should make smaller bottles of wine for when we only use half a bottle. Although I guess in the restaurants the chefs may drink up the left overs so I've heard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like having that little left in the wine bottle, gives me an excuse to finish it off over the coming week. There is something civilized about a glass of wine after work. So you have decided that you like writing? And I dont agree, you dont have to use up old pictures, I want to see the now picture with the now story. Randy talked to his parents last night, they are getting "forced" out of their apartment and will be moving soon. They figure the landlord wants to raise the rent. I dreamt of throwing up again last night, not quite sure what my dream is telling me, but 2 nights of barf is quite enough so I better figure it out!
Sandra
Sandra

Anonymous said...

l love your blog.l find it inspiring and appreciate the way you share your thoughts feelings and your new found interest in photography and the creative results. However if you are finding it a strain you could give yourself a holiday and recharge the batteries but please don't quit. Love Jane.

Anonymous said...

Watch the vitimine D .. not too much .
Ken