Friday, November 20, 2009

WITHOUT LIGHT


There is a saying that there is always light at the end of the tunnel which is true when you are driving; but sometimes the tunnel of experience we are going through can seem too long and we lose faith that the light will ever be there. When we feel tired and discouraged life seems hard
and yet there is a healing loving presence that is with us; even when we do not believe. Even when we question why and there are no answers for us to see and give us understanding.
At the core of every human experience there will always be some heartache, some limitations, some sorrow to darken our days. We have no words to say when family or friends are going through tragic sickness, divorce or loss of a loved one. Just our presence is some comfort when our words fail. None of us likes to suffer and yet in our times of distress we learn to feel what others are feeling. We long to have the wisdom that can speak healing but we are silenced because everyone must journey through their own tunnels and find a way of making sense of their own lives. I know that good things have come out of even death where people decide to bring changes from their experiences so that life can be better for the living.
"The ancient Greek poet Aschylus wrote, "In our sleep, pain which we cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart against our will, in our own despair, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God." Peter Downe - Healers at work.
God, the Lord of Creation, the Father of us, like a loving mother comes to us; as we express our anger and our grief and our deepest longings and we feel so lost and alone, into our darkness and healing energy surrounds us.
When I am praying for people I am praying for relief of pain and the end of their suffering knowing that the answer may not be what I am hoping for. I leave them in the hands of Jesus the hands that I believe our scared and whose heart was broken as he carried the burdens of us all to the cross. His death beings life that never ends and he is the bearer of the light that waits for us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tsk, tsk - it was Jesus' life, not death, that was important. The priests and liars have convinced us that it is his death that is important, so they can avoid the primary message of Jesus, which was: GOD IS THERE FOR ALL, NOT JUST FOR THE PRIESTS, AND THE OSENTATEOUSLY PIOUS, THE LOVERS OF THE RELIGIOUS LAW, AND OTHER PARASITES. Jesus never said, "torture me, murder me, and then worship me"!!!!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

I will have to read what I said over again because I think the point was missed.
Love mom

Anonymous said...

The life of Jesus is what brings spiritual life that lights even the darkness of grief and suffering because he has suffered and he heals.

I think if we could just follow his example we would help make this world a better place

So I could take that last sentence off because we agree that his life gives our lives meaning.

Yes, GOD is there for all!
There are no perfect people even if they claim to love the religiosity that is bound by the law. I know very humble and very honest minister who I respect.

love mom