Sunday, November 1, 2009

TRAGEDY

Rain was perdicted but it turned into a lively Halloween evenning!
Many houses were decorated and waited with anticapation for the happy treaters.

We are watching D.V.D's of Doctor Finlay where the good doctor battles distrust, apprehension and ignorance in post war Scotland. Every episode ends in tragedy and leaves one longing for hope and healing instead of sickness and death. We have so much to be thankful for and no matter what little aches and pains we learn to live with, we know that we are truely blessed.
Last night our quiet little street was full of running children dressed in all sorts of costunes, laughing and bublling over with excitment. Happy Halloween they say as they leave our doorstep with bags filling up with candy. Each group, no matter how big or small, young or old, is watched by caring parents on the side walk, always reminding them to say thank you!
The lights are all out and it is now very late and dark about 2 o'clock; when we wake up to the bright lights of the firetruck shining off and on in front of our house. Next come two police cars and the ambulence. My heart is pounding as I look at the house where the two 20 year old boys live and see the firemen, the police men and the ambulence driver with the stretcher disappear into the home.
We go back to bed cold and shaking fearfully not knowing what has happened. This morning I see the mom taking down the decorations and my eyes fill with tears for her family.
I read in the paper about the revellers in Port au Prince celebrating joyfully the grim reality of death. It is for them a time to celebrate, with joy and laughter, the act of being alive! !
I am slow this morning but Yes I did turn my clocks back, which always leaves me confused about what time it really is. Yes, I will go for a walk. Then off to Gracepoint Church and later over to wish Pearle Happy 90th birthday!
I think All is well I see the young boy arriving home this morning! It is cold here 8 degrees but the air is fresh and helps me to wake up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had lots of sirens last night too, but then again we always do. And at 4 or 5 am, there were still the fireworks going off as someone walked home from a party.I think I dislike the day after since it is now November, indians summers are for sure past and Christmas is still so long away. I have had lots of cats vistit me this morning for breakfast, I think they kept hidden yesterday as it was noisy all day long with fire crakers.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes the animals sure do not like the fire-CRACKERS AND NEITHER do I.

Anonymous said...

Sandy are you turning into the crazy cat lady? -Theresa