Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY HAUNTING


Great Gramma and Morgan share a moment.


All the children will be out to-night dressed up in funny costumes and running from door to door. There is a childlike spirit in all of us that likes to have fun and just be silly. That is one of the greatest things about being a gramma; and a great gramma; it is fun!
I do not like the real scary things but children seem to; although I wonder about this. I know that I never liked real scary movies and I am sure they gave me bad dreams. Lots of noisy fire crackers going off already. We will give out candy until 8 o'clock then it is time for Heartbeat our favorite show.
Theresa and Morgan came over to bring us clothes to send to Afganastan or to the children's store that is run by our church. Now it is going through them and sorting which can go where.
I think it is good to pass things on. We will be busy doing some of that today.
"We do not want to be caught believing too much; we would rather believe too little." This is from God and Dog.
I think we can get carried away with intellectualizing faith and I am happy the world has moved from "fear" to "grace". Grace is the love of God for us all and He loves even when and where such love does not seem to make a difference, He loves and values what we may see as valueless and we are called to do the same! Dogs love us unconditionally and we find it natural to respond to a wagging tail and beautiful soulful eyes of devotion.
I was just wondering where the phrase "dog in the manger comes from"?

No comments: