Saturday, October 3, 2009

REALITY VERSES TRUTH

There is a stream. Can you see it? Truth can be hidden but waiting to be found!
This rainy day changed to a beautiful fall day. Fall is my favorite time of the year even when the clouds hang heavy over the day.

I am trying to distinquish reality that is also truth.
Reality : I cannot picture God.
Truth : I believe and know that His presence is real. As real as the air we breath
and the wind that blows.
Reality : Life can be stressful and I can and do make unwise choices.
Truth : I am learning to see my mistakes more clearly and trying to be willing to
change.
Reality : Prayers do not always get answered as I wanted or when I wanted.
Truth : Prayers are always heard. Prayer changes us.
Reality : My feelings are real and are a part of what makes me me. I have been
shaped by my childhood and all that I have experienced.
Truth : Fear and doubt can be real yet faith can help us overcome our insecurity.
Faith is an open door that is available and waiting for us to open;
it does not promise us an easy path but one that challenges us.
Reality : No one wants to be judged.
Truth : No one understands exactly how I feel or my inner struggles or how great
the need is to be loved not judged.
Any illness can make you appreciate health more. I know I cannot always trust my feelings
especially when I get over tired and get annoyed with myself for not being more of a doer.
I am good at listening except sometimes with dad!
Even though I feel isolated and alone I feel the prayers
of others surrounding me.
Truth God is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, prayer changes us. And perhaps changes our relationship to the god-shaped mystery. But, I fear, prayer leaves God unchanged, unmoved. But we are not to despair, for we must think of it this way: can we imagine emptying the oceans of water by prayer? And how much greater than the ocean is God? God is beyond prayer, but we are not!

That is to say, a god that was influenced or overbourne by prayer, would not be god. A god that chose to answer some prayers but not others would be nothing but an evil tyrant. So our prayers, as important as they are to us, are not on god's wavelength.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

For me I have been most blessed by the people in my life who will listen and not judge me.

For me God is the Listener and Jesus the lamp-lighter to show us the heart of God and the way to walk.

The question I ask myself is what breaks my heart, what disturbs me, what shakes me up; and I am identifying with His loving Spirit.

Our thoughts turn to prayer and we find new hope for ourselves and for others.

Good comments even though I would say I do not really agree. God, is in our breathing and in our understanding! love mom