Friday, October 16, 2009

JOY

What a joy just to sit and watch the graceful motions of these birds gliding across the pond!


God has been good to our family. We enjoy being together and especially laughing and being silly!
Life is not fair is something we all have discovered at one time or another; but we must endeavor to do our parts to make it so.
Faith is beyond reason and is a choice that comes when we realize that there is a hunger in our soul that cannot be filled in any other way than with God's love. My belief in a God who believes in me has enabled me to believe in myself. This does not mean that I have all the answers but as I take time to pray I am deepening my relationship with God and I can share my burdens and concerns.
We are driving up to Blind Bay to enjoy a visit with Rick. Every time I leave home I always wonder will I come back. It is not a fear so much as just knowing it is a possibility that bad things happen to everyone.
I will pray for all the drivers on the road today that we will all be careful!
l know that joy is a gift from God to inspire us and music is a wonderful way to express in words and song the goodness of God.
The reason why we do not attend church and think it is boring is because we do not really expect God to speak to us. School would be boring if we never listened to the teacher or advanced beyong grade 1. We are all different and it is not up to be to live my Christian life in comparison with others. If going to church or Bible study makes me even a little kinder and more compassionate, generous, or forgiving then I am thankful.
I love to see the light reflected on our pond and I wonder anew at all that God has created. I know that this is only a dim reflection of a very complex and wonderful Creator who loves us all with a deep and glorious love. I know that I have just experienced a taste of that love so I need to open myself with thanksgiving and prayer each day knowing that I am not alone.
Anyway I packed last night and am waiting for dad to pack this morning. Now I may unpack and start again. Let see, warm clothes for sure and a book or two. Now I have to remember to go unplug the iron. I always iron to put things in better.
Even though I've been up since 5:30 I will be the last one out the door checking to see if everything is off! lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is supposed to be rainy this weekend, so bring a rain coat or umbrella!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Yes, I did. Saturday was wet but Sunday was a perfect day for pictures and our walk.

Thank you for making our visit so enjoyable.

Trip home was pleasant but our visit too short but we do not do well staying with ithers.

Your home is fantastic and I hope I have a few good pictures. I could not find the camera on the way home but it was tucked under the front seat.

Thanks again for taking such good care of us.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Did you sleep in? Still working on putting the picture in? I will check again later today.
Sandra