Monday, October 12, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO OUR LOVE BIRDS


THIS LITTLE BIRD HAS BEEN CHIRPING AT OUR WINDOW AND THEN BROUGHT A FRIEND AND NOW THE WHOLE FAMILY IS HERE EATING ON THE GRASS.
Together with the birds of the air and all of God's creatures we pause to give thanks.
Together with family and friends we give thanks for the gift of life and for a path upon which we may walk hand in hand. One of my greatest delights in this past month was walking holding hands with Morgan who was also hold Carol's hand. We walked by the river and watched the leaves falling and the water so calm and reflecting the light.
Together as we watch the children playing we are thankful for grass to run in, tree houses to climb and dirt to play and dig in. We love exploring new places and discovering the world of beauty that we can see with new eyes from a child's view. It has been many years since I lay upon the grass and watched the clothes drift by; but I have not forgotten how I felt and how I would see the different shapes that formed to my delight!
Together we watch our family grow and whether we like it or not things change. It has been a very special thanksgiving in every way with much laughter and talking and sharing.
My heart was full of love spending time with so many of our family. Yes, we miss those who are far away but we look forward to the day when we will have a visit with each one.
Today has been a day to count my blessings and it feels like my cup runneth over with joy and peacefulness.
Soon we will see flocks of birds flying high over head leaving for warmer places but there will always be a few that perservere through the winter. We feed them last year right at our back door as the snow piled up. I am thankful for the seasons of nature, for the seasons of the heart, and for the seasons of aging.
In many ways the days seem to be going by so fast, flying by, even as the days of our life seem to have flown by. I am thankful for all the good memories!
Just as God's greatest blessing is His Presence we bless each other just by our presence!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What will we be doing tonight? Well, I will get home first and do a load of laundry, unload the dishwasher, load it again, put away the china, then Randy will get home and we will watch Survivor while he has left overs and I have lettuce (my pants are tight this morning) and then I have to study for a couple of hours and Randy will probalby wathc his football game taped yesterday as he was stuck for 6 hours trying to get home yesterday. Oh,and thank you for the teapot and book, in case I forget to call later.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Love does not deed a romatic dinner just being together at least while you watch survivor.

love mom

Anonymous said...

That is true, Randy and I always try and have at least one TV show that we watch together, this Survivor is really anoying, so I think we are going to have to pick something new pretty soon.
Sandra