Saturday, October 10, 2009

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DAY!

COUNTING MY BLESSINGS AND SEEING THE PRESENCE OF GOD IN OUR BEAUTIFUL WORLD AND OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS! LIFE IS FULL OF BEAUTY AND SURPRISES!

I am thankful that I am not a turkey or I would be getting cooked.
I am thankful that I am not cooking and have a house full of people, laughter and noise!
I am thankful that my children and grandchildren do such a wonderful job now.

I have done my share and I am more than willing to be looked after and spoilt.

And when I look back over my life I have indeed conquered many things. I have overcome shyness, whether in a small group or speaking to a group. I have overcome many fears and a few failures. I look at others with a positive ability to see the good in them, we all have good hearts and kindness comes so easily. I have been a Sunday School teacher, a chairperson of our church council, a president at United Church Womens group, I have had neighborhood Bible study groups in my home, I have looked after many children besides those in my family, I have sold Avon and was very successful, I worked at a Medical Supply Store part time, I have learned to drive later in life and can but do not really enjoy driving; I have learned to visit the sick and to start conversations as well as listen. I know what it is like to be told you have cancer and have dealt with the grief and anger.

Yes, I have lived with the shadow of imperfect health but good days are wonderful and other days I just have to rest. I am learning to accept things I cannot control and sometimes it can be my emotions. Sometimes I absorb the pain of people of others, which is why I turn to prayer. I always used to think I had to do everything but now I ask others and give them the joy of helping and serving me!

My writing is enjoyed by many people and I am being honest with my feelings whether they may be up or down. Happiness is not being happy all the time but being content with what you have and who you are. No one knows exactly how we feel or the things that we have gone through to get to where we are today. Right now I am looking forward to a second breakfast and then seeing friends at Colebrook.

Laughter is always the best medicine especially with family and friends!

"No, in all things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, angels nor demons, neither the past nor the present. . . . . . will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus, our Lord! Amen & Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I am thankful I chose you as a mother .Happy Thanksgiving day .

Ken

Tavia said...

What you said is very encouraging. I really don't need to achieve the top of the world in order to have something to be thankful and in order to have something I can call an accomplishment. Overcoming my fears can be something to be proud of. All my little jobs in life.

It's strange for me to know that you have troubles and griefs. You've always been a sort of angel of happiness, so cheerful in every circumstance. I love your smile. But I guess what's to be taken from this is that everyone has grief, but it's how you deal with that grief that makes or breaks you. I admire you for the way you deal with the troubles in your life.

I am thankful that I have friends like you and Larry (even if he is a grumpy cynic ;)...).

I love you Beth!

- Tavia