Wednesday, October 7, 2009

CERTAINTY VRS. UNCERTAINTY

I am contrasting tidy [neatness being a way to defy the chaos and disorder found in the world around us.]

with untidy. lol [means lots of laughs in facebook talk]

I am certain that old age is the funniest thing that can happen to those lucky enough to live long. The only cure is a sense of humor and to think of yourself as young in heart and spirit if not in body. A lot of people would be happy if the doctor told them to go home and eat ice cream but I was unhappy because I have this silly rash; but I am certain now it is only another joke of old age.

Mr. Hawkins looks at a giraffe and sees a strange animal not wired correctly I look at a giraffe and I see a Creator with a sense of humor. I love the way the Bibe starts :"in the beginning" and then we have this story full of immagination and life. No one can be certain and science has some things it can prove but others will always be built on the uncertainty of probability.

Religion is taking a bad rap in this our modern age especially if we look at all the negatives. An open mind is good but an open heart is a treasure that holds beauty and grace. You can never stop learning and for me the "journey of the spirit" is the most important. Maybe because facts and dates do not stay with me. But the stories of Jesus are so real and so full of honest life I can remember them. Jesus does not take the mystery out of life but brings God into all of life. He treats women with respect and worthy of becoming his followers.

Dad and I will bring home a D.V.D. from the library and when we start to watch one of us is certain we have seen it before but the other has forgotten. So I am certain we watch the same ones over and over. Neither one of us can remember the ending so I quess that is why we keep watching.
To be able to read and learn is such a gift that I value more and more. Wisdom is passed down to us through the ages.
"The heart has its reasons of which the mind knows nothing." Pascal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Dr Nolte told you to go home and eat icecream? Is that so you would fatten up? There is not really that much certainty, the sun will rise again, we all die, and life is always full of surprises. Like right now, I am never ever would of expected that Randy would be pushing us to sell our house and do all of the work to get it ready. But, he is. LOL, and wether we move or not, I benefit. Oh, and did you change your return ticket for 10AM from Edmonton?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

No we did not change our tickets dad did not want to.