Friday, October 30, 2009

NO GRAMMA'S TO PLAY WITH.

Morgan with Gramma Carol and Grannie me.
Morgan was crying when Gramma Carol left their home last Sunday and she said "if you go I will have no gramma's to play with." I love being one of the grammas. Life is really all about our relationships and how people touch our lives in so many ways.
When dad came to pick me up at the hospital he met a nurse he knew when he visited on the sixth floor. That was when he rode his motorbike and she also had one. When I go into the Peace Arch Hospital I have a good feeling of all the memories of nearly seven years of visiting there. It was especially fun when my friend Pearl and I could go together. Pearl will be turning 90 this week-end and she is amazing.
She bakes ajnd writes letters and keeps in touch with people.
We have been given a new child to sponsor in Sri Lanka and I have to make the effort to write to her family. Mainly I will tell her about our family because lives are so different. She is also 3 years old like our great granddaughter Morgan.
Matthew in Melbourne is starting to talk so maybe will be able to talk on the phone. Pictures help so much to keep us in touch.
Today dad goes to the Cancer Clinic to see the doctor who two years ago started with him, she has during this time had a baby. It is hard to believe it has been two years. We are grateful that the P.S.A. test has come back so good. Our lives certainly changed when we heard the news and started on this treatment but the support and prayers have been wonderful.
It is a rainy day and it is Friday my day to walk with my friend Janet but now the weather is getting miserable and my walking a little less I think I will have to take time out for the winter.
We have had such good talks on our walks and I appreciate her friendship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, everybody should have a gramma to play with.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

It is getting hot here . 30c and very humid . Happy Halloween .

Ken