Friday, October 23, 2009

MY SHADOW

I was thinking of the old song "My Shadow and Me" when I saw this shadow walking along with me. I often find words of a song will pop into my mind. Music has such a positive influence to live in our memory. I know mom always responded to the music and it was such a joy to see.

Yesterday was a good day spending time with friends like Jane and Jeff. We had a walk down to Zellers and had coffee. Then it was off to see the old dears at the Nursing Home. It was good to see some of the old regular staff back at work because things have been so unsettled there.
Today Kim and Mike come over after they fineshed moving their stuff into storage. I am excited about their new adventure in the Grand Caymon but it will be sad to see them go.
I suppose in some ways I have lived a very sheltered; certainly not to adventursome. I know that I have experienced great diversity spiritually and that has given me a lot of joy.
"Joy is the energy and enthusiasum within me that helps me to feel completely content and at peace with life." Lindsay Sealy I do not always feel that joy but when I take time and let it come I realize that it is there.
Joy can be like my shadow that is easier to see in the sunshine and easier to feel on happy days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the sun can bring out the contrasts in life.

Love,

Rick