Sunday, November 8, 2009

CONVERSATIONS


We all have our reasons why we choose certain books to read because we are in fact having a conversation with the writer. When I sit down to write I write my thoughts and about the converstaion I have been having in my head with myself.
I am hopeful that Reginald Biddy in the "Restless Gods" is accurate in seeing a religous and spiritual renaissance in Canada-"new life added to the old life, sometimes within religous groups but often outside them." Even within the church it self there is stirring a fresh approach to faith not shut in with dogma but open to the fresh air of the spirit.
The soul that at times feels empty or dissatisfied and restless knows that there is more to this world than our eyes can see and in fact Someone is pursuing us.
I was encouraged to read this morning "Biblical parenting is not a guarrentee of having godly offspring." And again it is not what we say but the example we live. I would love to see my chidren go to church because it has been the foundation of my life in faith. I know much has been proclaimed that causes gnawing feelings of distrust and that religion has been the root cause of much bigitry and ignorance.
But the God who includes male and female in His being is bigger than our greatest imaginations and in fact is not far from each one of us. Maybe it is just a wee thought that comes into your mind unexpected to remind us that there is no such thing as unbelief. We all believe in something and we all want our lives to have a purpose.
At this time of the year as the stores become arraid in Christmas finery our first thoughts are to choose to give to the less fortunate. Our families have so very very much and others have so little. Right now there are many without jobs, two of our friends who are extremely qualified, have been looking for months. At least they have a home but what about those who have lost homes and families.
I will not be buying for our family except maybe one present from our draw and I hope that instead of the presents being the focus we can focus on games and fun and maybe even a church service. I love the beauty of Christmas Eve at church where the music touches your soul and leaves you breathless. Just think those words were writen so long ago and yet they live on.
Tonight we join our study group to discuss questions of faith, should be interesting. We are all so different and at different places in our lives. This morning we are off to Colebrook where we will be welcomed warmly and graciously!

No comments: