Tuesday, July 28, 2015

HOME SWEEET HOME

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love.  It will not lead you astray"    Rumi

How annoying not to be able to sleep. 
I had a bad sleep last night myself.

Early in the morning dad and I drove into white Rock to visit our old friend Lois, her family looked after Sandra when I was put back in hospital days after she was born.  This was the problem I was having with Celiac.
Lois has a beautiful home in White Rock and she has decorated and updated it herself.
We did a lot of talking about old times.
Afterwards we went out to lunch and talked a lot more.
Lois has put her heart and energy into fixing up this home, after her husband died.  It had been a project they where going to do together, but life had other plans.  She will move into Oakridge to be closer to her children.
 
Needless to say dad and I were very happy to arrive home.  Dad has a headache and a back ache so the sooner he has a complete check-up the better.  He enjoyed the shade deck at home.

5 comments:

larry bennett said...

our idea of "early in the morning" was actually the crack of 11:30 am -

Anonymous said...

I though that was your new home ! Good to hear dad is seeking more advice with his sore feet.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Gosh that friend's home has lots of visual impact with the contrasts of light and dark...but it is stark and cold to me...sorry, but I wouldn't like to live there with so little colour!

Yes, it is good to hear that Larry will get help with his feet....I sure hope the doctors can do something...living with chronic pain is very debilitating. I saw Carl struggle with pain for so many years...and thankfully the doctors helped him with a new biological drug called Rituxabab. It put him in to complete remission from hhis rheumatoid arthritis. We are very thankful! I only wish it was available for his sister who suffered with it from the time he she was 16.

Well we are off to Winnipeg. It is an errand day....going to be a long one.

Love, Nancy

Had a super teen and kids art workshop yesterday. I get to meet people from all over the world.
I taught three kids who were born in...London England, Dubai, Singapore and they now live in |Edmonton. People come here during the summer from all over the world!

Take care,
Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Nice to see you are both getting out a bit more. We had a walk down at water shed park and then stopped in West Van at a nice beach and had burgers and fries at an outdoor place.

Slowly getting better, Shandel slowly getting worse.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Sandra: If you guys are thinking of a beach day today, Carol decided to take the day off. I'm marking papers all day and we are going to the fireworks tonight on friend's sailboat. Panteli