Friday, July 24, 2015

THE YOUNG AT HEART

how wonderful to share brunch made by the grandchildren and our daughter.
 
 
Time to read the comics and both of us found some of them strange!
 
 
Time for a walk even if it is raining.
I will go home and do my walk around the kitchen.
 
My spirits have greatly improved from when I first woke up feeling a lot of pain and stiffness.  I had made a cup of coffee being very quiet as dad is still sleeping.
 
It takes courage to be fully present in the morning  stillness and try to meditate.  I do not know what the future holds but I know I will not face it alone.  A spiritual practice is not about being good or saintly but just being me.  My desire is to be released from negative patterns and to bring to mind other joyous times in my life.  This will become a state of grace!
 
 
 

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday Mom! You made it another year. Looks like you guys had a nice time yesterday. I was cleaning like mad for Cameron and Shandel's arrival until Randy got home at 1:00 and went to bed. At least I got the upstairs done.

Cameron and Shandel left at 3:00am this morning so I better get a move on and get the downstairs done now.

See you all tomorrow.

nancy-Lou said...

Today is your birthday? I wish you a Happy Birthday, Beth and a year ahead that is filled with good health and lots of happiness. Do you have any special plans for today?

Aren't the children growing up quickly? Ben is a young man now and they looked so cool all lined up in a row, checking out their phones....including Grandpa! Nice photos of your brunch at Carol and Panteli's.

Well, this will be short, I am off to teach a workshop today. We are painting a lovely spot in VB, Hidden Lake with birch trees that are reflected in the pond...

Have a wonderful day,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes, it is my birthday. We have been invited to Carol and Panteli's for supper and to enjoy the cake Morgan will make.

Sunday will be another day with the family at Sandra and Randy's to welcome Shandel and Cameron. Sandel has a July birthday too on the 27.

That picture you are painting sounds lovely Nancy. I love pictures you can enter right into and find peace in the beauty of nature!

Love beth

Mama Lee said...

Hi Beth,

Just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday today! I hope you're having a wonderful celebration. It sounds like the kids are helping you celebrate in style!

Much love to you & Larry!

Lee

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mom.
ken , melina and kids