Thursday, July 23, 2015

INVITATIONS

Life offers us many invitations to use our gifts and to strengthen our heart and soul. 

As we get older there comes a realization that it is time to slow down, smell the flowers, listen to the music, be quiet and enjoy life moment by moment.

This morning we had coffee in bed and then I had help getting dressed aware that there will be many challenges as our health deteriorates.

I will make an effort to do another walk up and down the street with my walker.  Dad sitting at the end of the drive-way to watch me.

Ignorance creates chaos and confusion that now needs to be dealt with.  I am not the same me and hopefully I am becoming the real me.  I am doing a lot of things wrong but I am trying.  Stay calm and do not be afraid or depressed.

Off to the doctor today.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, the you that you are now is the new real you...for now.

It is nice that your recognize you are doing things wrong, it would be even nicer if you would be able to see that when their is time to still make the changes and do it right.

Are you seeing Dr Nolte today just to check on your arm? Is your night time bathroom visits under control?

I dont know if you noticed in one of the books of pamplets there is mention of a walking clinic. I was wondering if you would like to go?

Keep up the good work, you both are doing a great job.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Awe, Beth, I read out your post to Carl and he said, "tell her to keep her chin up". I know what it is like to go through these tough times....I wish you well in this journey of getting older.
He has accepted his lot in life pretty well...which means he sits in his chair and watches tv....eats and sleeps....it is depressing for him at times...but it seems lately he is a lot better mentally.

We feel so badly for you...it is really scary and depressing to lose your health and freedom and to face changes that are ahead. I know you are a strong lady, even though I haven't met you, Beth and between you and Larry things will get better. Just be open to asking and accepting help. Sometimes this means giving up our homes and that would be hard..but if we are not able to manage here we will have to move to an apartment and that means leaving our much loved Victoria Beach....where we thought we would live until we were no longer. Hopefully we can stay here for as long as we have our pets. There is nothing available here for seniors. There should be. condos or apartments.

How is your bladder infection? I hope it is clearing up well...drink lots of water.Gosh they sure made a large incision on your shoulder and arm...just look at all those marks from the staples...yikes! You must have a lot of pain and it would be very hard to sleep.

Well it is very stormy again today....warnings for strong thunderstorms. Hope we don't loose our power again...there has been quite a few outages lately.

Take care my friend,
Love, Nancy