Wednesday, July 29, 2015

SETBACKS

So sorry that Shandel is also fighting that very nasty cold bug.  Hope she recovers quickly.  Being by the pool seems the perfect place to rest and recover.

We also seem to be having our setbacks.  Had my test done at the blood clinic after two tries.

Then dad and I sat out in his shade deck.  I wore my warm house coat, jogging pants and warm blanket.  I was sneezing and coughing  and  aching all other but eventual took a pill for pain.

Setbacks are invertible in all our lives.  Things like illness, a bad economy, layoffs, worry about loved ones etc.  I can only hope I can develop some soul resistance and try to do the best I can. 

Our lives, dad and mine, will never be the same again but if our desire is to grow through difficulties and become stronger in new ways that is our hope.  Every day is a new day and an opportunity to begin again.

One of my big fears is falling again and I know I have to be so careful.

I am praying for healing of these fear based thoughts but still being so very careful.

The Universe is on my side.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

terrible having a cold in summer. its freezing here , 10c , and 60 km winds.
how was the blood test? the same ?? any improvement/
Ken

Sandra said...

Sounds like you have the cold now too. It is a couple of horrible days but starts to clear up pretty quickly. We were thinking of dropping by around 10:30 - 11:00 today. Will call.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

I'm sure you might have used the shade deck today as it was supposed to warm down your way. Getting hot again here in Kamloops.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes we used the shade deck and are so thankful. It is too hot. Nice to be in a basement apartment.
The test for the bladder infection came back all clear and that is all the doctor seems concerned about. Eating better and walking further.
love mom