Friday, July 31, 2015

FAVORITE

One of our favorite places to eat "The River Inn".

This is where we had a late lunch on Thursday.  The slight cool breeze off the water was fantastic.
Again I am reminded of the beauty in the world around us and hopefully within us.
I remind myself to have faith.  To pray is to enter a world of another dimension, one of awe and mystery.
 
Our frontal lobes hold the secret for making our dreams come true by selective data which seems most relevant to my life.  a quote by some brainy experts.
My favorite scripture is:
"And the word Jesus became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His Glory
the glory of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

We surrender to this belief that can restore hope and joy into a life that feels incomplete and difficult.
Usually when we talk of someone being full of something we think it is a bunch of baloney.  I do believe that there is a higher power that listens and cares and loves and can teach me wonderful wise truths.

Today my arm has the wrinkles coming back which is good as the swelling is going.  I start out for a walk but end of visiting Mary across from me.  She walks me home with her walker to make sure I get safely across the road.  Her daughter comes running after us thinking we are going for a walk.  She is one sweet lady!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary is amazing for 93! How did dad go with the shoe inserts?
Cold and wet here . 3 days then back to work. the weather is so hot for Vancouver.
Sandras pool would be nice.
ken

Steady-as-rain said...

yes, Sandra's pool is very nice.

That was nice Mom - you had the starting of a parade there for a moment with the 3 of you!

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

Very hot at our house, but nice down at the beach. We went to the lake again in the morning and then went to the beach in Tsawwassen to see the moon rise.

I will call you in a bit to see what works for you today for a visit.

nancy-Lou said...

That is good news...to hear the wrinkles are coming back! yay! You are healing quickly, Beth. You always bring a smmile to my face even when you have troubles.....wrinkles! Well I have them too.

The restaurant along the river looks very nice with is't patio overlooking the river. What river would that be? How is the weather out there...still hot I was reading on your blog! We cooled off and are able to leave the windows open at night, which is so nice. Ovenight lows of 12C are nice.

MInd you it is hot today.....29 and humid again...but it won't be lasting like the last hot spell...that was about 10 days.

I had to take my little dog to the vet today. She has had a bad cold and wasn't eating. She has a cough too....what a time I had. Bella and Max are a bonded pair and have never been apart...even in the rescue. So they were stressed ...anxious....they think they are going to be abandoned again..poor things anytime take them places. The vet has a cottage here ..so we were fortunate just to go there. Her husband had to take Maax for a walk..while Dr.Lisa examined Bella. She put her on an antibiotic for two weeks. Dr. Lisa's business is the Animal Ark, a moblie veterinery business. She does a lot of work for the shelters and humane society.
My typing is so bad because my cat, Gilbert, is taking up half my lap and he is NOT going to move.

Well. stay cool,

Love, Nancy