Saturday, August 1, 2015

THE ONE ARMED BANDIT

"Whatever situation you find yourself in, a very important question to ask yourself is "What is my intention here?"  Eckhart Tolle

"The intention underlying your actions and thoughts is energy.  Any action you expend comes back to you so you want to act mindfully from the heart, with love and right intention."  Maya Angelou

I  am learning to do more and more with my one hand always aware that when I intent to do something I do not do any harm to my good or my weaker arm.  I certainly am getting stronger and more capable.

Dad and I were pleased to have a visit with Carol and Haiti.  She was so very happy to see us but definitely wanted to leave with Carol.  Carol went shopping with me to buy a present at Winners and that was helpful.

When they left Sandra dropped by with Shandel and Cameron.  Shandel was very impressed with the pottery  that Kim has created and took some she wants to buy.

Carol came back with supper which we ate in dad's shade deck.
We were invited to Sandra's but no one felt like driving or doing very much at all.
 
My one arm is getting very strong and hopefully the other will improve.
I am trying to walk in the morning and again in the evening. 
 
Our plan is to go to church.
 
Cameron and Shandel will be heading home to Edmonton.  We enjoyed their visits and pray for a safe journey home!


3 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, it was another hot day and after being in the city I just did not have the energy to drive out to White Rock. Had a pretty lazy evening, watched a movie.

beth bennett said...

Too hot LAZY IS GOOD
tHANKS FOR VISIT
LOVE MOM

Anonymous said...

Matthew home sick today. Cold with rain squalls here today. Watching the golf myself , taped it last night.
Ken