Thursday, August 6, 2015

SATISFACTION

I am so thankful every morning I wake up not to be in the hospital.
There is no place like home
even when we have strange visitors.
I would not know what to do with a chicken
maybe it was looking for a place to lay an egg!

I find I get tired very easily but there is a difference between getting tired and the tired satisfaction knowing that every day is a slight improvement.

I was thankful day was willing to drive me to the Seniors Home yesterday as it was Jim's birthday and I was thankful I had a milkshake for him.  He also had been in hospital so he must had gotten a lot worse.  He was waiting for his daughter to come and I really hope she did.

I am reminded how important our relationships are and hope important it is to resolve misunderstandings.  It often can just be a little thing that can be hurtful.

Our lives can be change in a moment with external or internal adversity and each one faces it in their own time and own way.  I am amazed at how well many friends I know have cope with loss and pain.

Every affliction is unique and the path that helps me walk through it is prayer.  There is an assurance that renews my hope and faith and brings satisfaction at the end of each day.  I may not have done all I wanted to do but I try to do what is important.

A word, or a poem, or a verse of scripture or a song or a memory lighten moments of feeling down; which I think realistically we all have.  Most of us are doing the best we can!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

It is funny though how when we think we are doing our best, with a little encouragement from the right source we can do even better.

I find I often need a push as "good enough" is more my natural mentality.

Steady-as-rain said...

It is really very nice that you continue to thoughtful for others, but, Mom, I really believe that it is time to start to husband your energy and strength for your own health. If you have a fall and break something else while visiting, I really don't think you would have done anyone any good. So maybe focus on that part of the equation as you consider my suggestion.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Good advice rick

But I am glad I went
tired today

Anonymous said...

Keep on moving Mom. I don't think JIm appreciates the milkshakes and the effort you make to take one to him. The ladies in your street
Enjoy your visits much more than jim does. So maybe make that your mission? You are a lovely soul mom and we don't want to lose you.
Take care
Ken

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ken
I am speahless