Tuesday, August 18, 2015

TRUTH

P5290520What a way to start your day with a visit to the dentist and then a visit with your "out of sorts" parents.  Amazing that Sandra was still smiling as she left our house.  We do need to hear the truth even when it is the last thing we want to hear.  We do appreciate her advice and caring.

I also know the truth is I can be annoying!

Yes we need to keep on trying to improve our failing bodies.
The treatment for my shoulder is always painful and yet necessary.  There is another clinic dad could check out and it is in White Rock.

I was pleased Dr. Nolte was in a good mood and pleased to see me and see how well my movement is progressing.  We had a few laughs that helped smooth out some difficult issues.  Mainly how I need to take medicine when I need it and not suffer pain.

After a nap dad and I got ready to have a belated birthday celebration for my birthday and for Jane's.
We went to North Wood Golf Course.

It is truly beautiful there and we had a very enjoyable evening.


Once home again I was reminded of people who are praying for us both.
We have so much to be thankful for, good friends and faithful prayers!


5 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, I have had better starts to my day before. : )

So any new medication, or just to take what you have properly? Did you leave Dad in the waiting room?

I am feeling much better today, I did not even need any Advil this morning. I hate having the root canal in that tooth though as I have been told I will eventually lose it now as it is split so badly.

beth bennett said...

Dad and I are truly sorry for being so miserable.

Yes dad came in.

We both had a sleepless night again.

Today I feel good even though tired.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Good gravy...poor Sandra, first a root canal and then a trying meeting with her parents. Well, I know she loves you both very much and only wants what is best for you.
It is not easy to see your parents aging and needing help.Our kids worry about us and we need to think about it from their point of view. Often they can see things more clearly than us.

We want to remain in our homes as long as we can too, but the time will come when we need to accept help...home care will come in and administer medications and clean and cook...don't be too proud and accept help. We are learning this too and actually hire people to help out with yard work and our sons will help with repairs etc. AND the time will come to sell our home and move into a retirement home..hopefully not for a long time. I am 71 and pretty healthy...Carl is 77 and has a lot of health problems.

He has problems with his bladder now...blood etc and is scheduled for a cystoscopy Sept 1. He had bladder cancer about 15 years ago and had surgery which was successful. He has a bladder infection now and we are just going to pick up the pills the doctor ordered. It seems as though it is always something doesn't it?

It is a gorgeous summer day, cool nights and warm days...I am going to take some photos of the Winnipeg River and do a painting of it with birds flying in the foreground, a sunset and islands in the river...it is painted in my head. I just need to have a few reference points in the composition.

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Early shifts this week. Cold here (6c ) but spring is on the way .... I have stopped eating sugar , and bread , not gluten free as such but pretty close. I will stick to the high fat diet for a month and see how I feel . I was listening to a Dr on the radio in regards to gulten and blood work not showing the celiacs disease . He said there were other indicators in regards to gluten intolerance. Intersting.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Yes they are always coming up with new ideas.

Our health is so important but can be beyond our control sometimes.

Too bad about Carl and yes I agree Nancy. When the time comes we will go willingly maybe.

love beth