Saturday, August 8, 2015

Hot and cold

Hot and cold all day,
broke down and took a pill.

Dad has had several very worried days with his eye.  Skin is growing in the corner and that does not seem good.  We both want to keep our eye sight.  It is up to us if we are not happy with the help we have been getting.

I am so happy dad makes an appointment with the eye doctor at the Clinic just at the corner.  They are called FYI Doctors.  Everyone remembers him from a past visit exactly a year ago.  They do a complete exam and then freeze his eye and cut a bit of over grown skin.

I have been miserable and having pain all morning so dad talks me into taking a pill.  Then after doing some laundry I am able to settle down and read.  We did get to the library and have many books to choose from right now.

I am thankful dad made both breakfast and lunch with some of the fresh vegetables from the store I managed to pick up while he was at the clinic.  I do not feel we are ready for a retirement place just yet as we help each other.

I met an old friend at the store who immediately commented I did not look so good.  There is a time to be polite and their are other times we just spill the beans.  She then told me her daughter had also had a fall and broken a hip in her garage,

We both listened with thoughtful attentiveness to our stories so I felt very encouraged hearing her story.

It had been a day full of small annoyances for me but when I stopped and took time to think about the suffering of others and also to look beyond my circumstances and trust that the future holds better things.  I would like to pray for a miraculous healing, which does happen for a few, but for courage and strength and love to carry me through darker days.

Yes I am thankful for medication that helps my pain.  I have many reasons to want to live!

Sunday a day to attend a worship service that challenges my faith and brings many questions to think about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm at work .Two late departures then home time. Should get to bed by 1am . I see the Dentist tomorrow before work. Hope Dads eye is better . Dont forget you can shop for grocerys online now and they will deliver .
Ken

Sandra said...

The news was saying some of the vegetables from Mexico are causing tummy upsets right now, was them very well if you have any.

beth bennett said...

Hi Ken,
let us know the results at the dentist.

Dad goes back to the eye clinic on Friday.

Monday he has an appointment with an neuropathy clinic in Abbotsford.

Quiet Sunday

love mom