Monday, August 3, 2015

WARNING

Dad had warned me continually to be careful and not fall going doing the stairs; but who would have thought a little step off our front parch would cause such a bad fall.  Yes, it has changed our lives and we need to be patient and understanding with each other.
I know the road back is very difficult and not easy for anyone of us, but I also thing that good can come out of misfortune and if nothing else we are aware of how bad dad's dad has become.
 
I slept in and dad made porridge  dropping the  bowl  on the floor on the way to the dinning room.
 
It would be fair to say we were both in bad mood as our moods effect one another and pain and frustration does that.
 
Larry Olsson found their is a peripheral  Neuropathy   clinic in Abbotford.
 so that is great news.  Thee time has come for dad to get some relieve.
 
I was pleased when dad decided to ride his bike as he has not done that for ages.
 
Carol has a few things gone wrong in her house which has caused water leaking but the good thing is it happened now and they will turn the water off while they are away.  They leave by bus for the airport at 6 to-morrow and it will be morning when they arrive in Scotland.  Very exciting for both her and Panteli.
 
Carol put some things in my frig. and we drove off to drop Haiti at Sandra's house.  We couldn't look at her when we left she looked so sad.  She has stayed there before.
 
I heard some snipers going clip clip on my garden and our neighbor Colleen, the energetic one with three dogs she walks every morning was hard at work cleaning out some of the dead plants etc.

"The struggles and chaos are a part of life; but they can help us grow if we accept them with courage and grace.  They have their own gifts too." - Demi Lovato

I was praying for serenity, the peace that passes understanding.  And it came!

Also for safe journey and wonderful holiday for Carol and Panteli!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, I think Haiti would like to have a home of her own and her person back. But I will take good care of her and take her for walks so it will not be too bad.

Back to work today, nice short week at least!

nancy-Lou said...

Aahhh yes, dogs do like routine and sameness. Ours are amazing with how they know the time when they always get a treat and they always know when we are getting ready to go out and have sad faces! Haiti is fortunate to have so many good homes to look after her while Kim is away at work.

WOw, that was a bad fall, Beth off your stairs on to cement. Unfortuantely these things happen as we get older...so many of my older friends have fallen and broken bones. I am glad that you are healing well and things are getting back to normal for you.

I wish Carol and Panteli a wonderful trip to Scotland. Do they have relatives there to visit? My Father was born in Ireland of Ulster Scots heritage. I am sure there are relatives there but have n't have any success at finding them yet. The name is Baillie. They could have immigrated at the time of Cromwell in the 1600's. from Scotland.

Glad to hear peace and serenity found you....

Love, Nancy