Monday, August 31, 2015

THE CARDS

What is in the cards?

I am thankful for having power and light.

I am feeling that I cannot fight the natural course of things.  There can not be any progress without some change, so now I feel like I am waiting for whatever the next step may be.

I long for the days when I felt vital and alive and wonder if I just have to face things as they are while hoping for the best.

I am worried about dad but he does not want to go to the doctor.  I can understand how he feels as I never want to go either.

God is still working on me.



I miss our church as it used to be and I hope that new life will come back into our faith and our worship.

Church what does that mean.  It has been a place of growth in my relationship to others as we journey finding our way on the path to goodness and wholeness.  A place where we can question with an open mind and an open heart.

Life has a way of dealing the cards of fate that are not always what we have wanted.  This does not mean I am not in control because we all have choices in our step by step journey.  We can challenge our fate!

But I am reminded that scripture encourages us not to be anxious but to be thankful before we know how answers to our prayers will come.  -Philippians 4 verse 6 
I am also reminded that prayer is a way to come into the presence of God
something over and above and deeper which gives to life meaning in the pain of the finite and finding deep rest and pain for our weary souls.  Amen

3 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, what is in the cards? I suppose it would spoil the whole game of life if we knew at the beginning.

I'm glad you finally have the power back on.

Love,

rick

Sandra said...

I wonder what your life would be like if you did not worry so much? I have to admit it makes me also wonder why someone who has a God taking care of them has to worry all the time?
What is the point of God if you still have to worry all the time?
Maybe religiouse people are really no different then those of us who are not?
Maybe no matter what it is just the human condition to worry.

Let go and let God mom : )

Dad, stop worrying mom and go to the doctor!

Sandra

beth bennett said...

God taking care of us is old time religion.

We are free to make our mistakes and yes even worry.

I wish that accepting all that Jesus is and was and has

to teach me would free me of worrying. I am a worrier.

But I was able to experience something real and beautiful

come alive in me when I decided to be a believer!

Yes I am not worried about dad any more.

Love mom