Sunday, August 23, 2015

HIDING

In my life there have been several times I have wanted to hide from the truth.  I was very smart to find Morgan hiding behind the biggest tree at the park in Chilliwack.

The truth that dad and I have to face is that improving his feet and my shoulder is going to continue to be a painful exercise.  We will try our best to work and improve.

I had another miserable Sunday morning. very sick to my stomach.  I thought that truthfully this morning sickness is an abuse to body and soul.  I feel better after throwing up but very weak and tired.

I try to think of this misery as having a purifying affect on be but on a really  bad morning I just feel self-pity.  This is honestly how I feel after being sick yet another time and I do not know why.

I was looking forward to a walk in the Water-Shed park with day to restore peace and contentment.
But dad had a stomach ache and we soon headed home.  We will try again in the morning.

We enjoyed a visit with Carol over at Sandra's place.  They had a swim and the water did look inviting.  Barbecue chicken, fresh corn and potato salad tasted wonderful I enjoy every bite.  There was so much to hear about Carol's trip that made dad and I wished we could have tagged along.



Sometimes we think we are suppose to hide our differences instead of embracing our eccentricities!
We have a very interesting family and I am so thankful for their love and support.  I cannot imagine my world without them.

At  times it may seem like we are just surviving but we are creating inner strength that may one day feel like happiness!  Two happy sisters doing dishes not like when they use to fight when they were normal kids.

Things change and so do people!

Let's face it we all have our good and bad days.

To-morrow will be a great day!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

You were very fast at getting your blog up, or did you have it half written already?

You should have gotten a picture of all the wasps that joined us for our meal.

I am all for a great day too, I think I will join you in having one.

nancy-Lou said...

Gosh, what an awful day you had morning, Beth....nausea is one of the worst things...so debilitating.
How are you feeling this morning?
I was wondering if it could be caused from one of the prescription drugs you take?
I don't take any prescription drugs, but have bad nausea from pancreatitis and take over the counter gravol for it. You can also ask your doctor for a good prescription drug for nausea. Hopefully, I won't need it as it is getting better now.

The get together at Sandra's sounds so wonderful....you must have been so glad to see Carol and Panteli return safely from their trip. The photos of the girls doing dishes and swimming together was great to see too! I would imagine there is nothing better than having a sister...I wouldn't know, though! I always wanted one.

After three days of a huge storm, it was great to wake up and see the sun was out....but there are some clouds coming off the lake that are called "streamers". The lake temperature is 21C and the air is 8C...so clouds form over the lake and the wind carries them along. In late fall, the streamers become snow and it can accumulate in great quantities. There is a lot of flooding here, in low areas and many large trees are down blocking the lanes and avenues. We are fortunate to live on a hill, one of the highest points of land in VB. It is part of the original Ateah homestead. We have trees branches down and will clean up later on.

Wishing you a much better day today,

Love, Nancy