Saturday, August 29, 2015

WINDY WEATHER

P8290626
Very stormy with winds up to 60 and 90 K.
Trees blown down all over town.  Stanley Park closed.
Our power was okay.
I will not go to church as I am fearful of driving with my arm not working.

Dad and I are proud of Carol opening her own counseling  office in Tsawwassen.
This picture was at my desk in my room me peeking out from behind dad.
She asked dad to take pictures on a real camera for her brochure.

It was a windy day to be takings pictures.  Dad got some very excellent pictures.  I stumbled around.
She loves life and will have much to contribute to those who will be coming asking for help.  It is funny it just seems like yesterday I was telling her to be careful crossing the road, and to brush her teeth and do her homework. 

When we allow life to transform us and discover the gift of helping others do the same it gives life a deeper  meaning.
P8290622P8290624

P8290619Dad had to brush and renew  his photography as he has not had his camera out of it's bag for ages.

Many around us had their power cut off but we were fortunate to be fine.  A windy but fun day!

Sunday morning Sandra and Randy come to get our generator as there power is off and turkeys etc. are being thawed.

Basically I see many of us in a learning curve right now which is exciting.  I have to learn not to over-do it and not to try to write my blog too late at night,

I forgot to mention that we had a grand tour of the emerald Island with pictures of Carol and Panteli on their computer.  Amazing to see brilliant green grass again!

How fortunate to have a window of opportunity, a freedom from past mistakes and the willingness to take a risk because there is a security and maturity that has the potential to create a new path!

8 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Hope your power is still on!

Nothing dramatic in terms of weather here in Kamloops, although the temperature has dropped and it is a bit windy and cloudy.

Congratulations to Carol - I had no idea she was thinking of opening her own office!

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

What joy the pictures radiate....Father and Daughter on a mission! So special. How proud you must be of your daughter, Larry and Beth.
Good for Carol and I wish her all the best in her new business. She is so beautiful and looks very professional in the photos.
Larry, you are an excellent photographer....maybe keep that dust off the camera not and take some more photos for us all to enjoy!

i read about the wind storm online. Did you receive any rain? I sure hope so. It is hard to believe that the coast is on a water restriction. We are having that awful humidity with heat...one has to keep all the windows closed, even at night because the overnight temps are about 25C. It is oppressive...thank goodness for fans and air conditioning. This is day 3 and it looks to be lasting until Friday. We get the humidity coming up from the deep south....on the jet stream. Come on fall!
Actually the signs of fall are everywhere...our hummingbird family have left already...which is about 10 days early. The Osprey too, have left with their young....I watched with amazement as Mother Osprey taught her youngsters how to fly...chirping the along. Nature is amazing.
I am thinking of writing a blog called East Beaches Nature Notes....



Perhaps you can solve a mystery for us? How does one pronounce Tsawwassen? Is the "T" silent?
I have heard it pronounced both ways...but on the ferry, they pronounced it with a silent T.

Gosh, we miss our holidays out there...it must be 5 years now since we were last there. I mean on the Island. Parksville, Qualicum Beach area. We spent every winter there for about 20 years. I don't think we will be doing that again...but the memories are great.

Have a wonderful Sunday,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

We have always pronounced it with a silent T.
Both sides think they have it right.
Yes we are very proud of Carol.
These pictures I took and dad has his on his computer.

Love beth

Anonymous said...

It was a fun visit yesterday. We will try and take more pictures today! Panteli

Steady-as-rain said...

It is "TUH-wassen"

beth bennett said...

Good idea Nancy-Lou for a blog!

Go for it although you are already very busy and creative!

love beth

nancy-Lou said...

AHA so the disagreement about the name Tsawwassen lingers on! Rick and Beth! We always pronounced it with the "T". I guess it must be an Aboriginal name place?

Beth the pictures you took really captured the feeling of the moment....I thought they were Larry's but of course he was in some of them....it had to be you!

love Nancy

beth bennett said...

I have just forgotten and I agree with the kids and dad!