Tuesday, August 4, 2015

SEEING IS BELIEVING

Carol and Panteli will be stopping off at Toronto due to his dad's failing health.
 
A real cat and Mouse tail
Our neighbor saw a mouse climb up our wall into our house.  Into the room where Ken was sleeping. told us he heard mouse noises. We were looking around for traces of the presence of this critter.  Then, as we were sitting, as usual on our chesterfield we saw a big black mouse run in the door and behind the T.V.  Dad shooed it out but then it ran away and we looked but could see no sign of it.
 
I was keeping a watchful eye and we were both miserable at this home invasion.
 
I closed the door to the kitchen and we went to bed and both of us wanting to just forget about what we saw and new was still in our house..  I was awake at 10 and quietly when down to the kitchen to get some ice to put on my shoulder.  Standing at the door into the kitchen was the black and white cat meowing.  I went and grabbed my ice and turned to let her out the door but the cat had disappeared.
 
In the morning I walked into the kitchen to see the mouse dead on the floor.
No sign of the cat and the only window open was the tiny one up high in our front room.
I hope there are no more but our problem for the moment was solved.
 
Dad went on a bike ride and I went for a walk and a visit to Gundy.  She is very proud of the flowers that add a lot of color to her yard.
 
Then I had a family doctor's appointment and dad had his eye exam appointment both in White Rock.
 
Dad will get his eye results in a week.
I have to eat more,
I have pills to help with nausea and restless legs.
 
"Accept that
 living in the present moment, with your present desires,
is the best and highest thing you can do."
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, we are in St.Catharines now insgtead of Glasgow. My dad is struggling to breathe with a mask and his brethign rate is very high, 46 times per minute instead of the usual 14, so this is very hard on his heart. We will be here for a while.
"Men make plans and God laughs." Yiddish Proverb
Panteli

Sandra said...

Yes, I do not like the sense of humor of God some times. I told Mary you were there, if Carol has sometime on her hands (or both of you) you could drive out and visit.

I think you need a cat of your own, they come in very handy with mice you know.

http://www.delta.ca/services/animal-shelter/animals-for-adoption/mindy

nancy-Lou said...

Yes, there is nothing like a cat for company and finding the mice! That was quite a story...must have been a neighbours cat?

So sorry to hear that Panteli's Father is ill...one never knows what is around the corner do we? I hope that he recovers and they will be able to resume their trip to Scotland. Sending healing thoughts to you!

Good to hear Larry is out on his bike again....

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Panteli
I am saying prayers for your family. A stressful time.
Hoping you will be able to continue your trip you have planned.

Also praying for Theresa having surgery today.

There are four neighborhood hood cats : an orange, a black, a gray and the black and white. They drink from our pond in the back. I still cannot believe how it got in and out.

Wet and windy here today.

Love beth