Tuesday, September 1, 2015

BIRTHDAYS

P8090612Happy Birthday Tasha and Sandra!

This is not a year of big birthday bashes  for anyone and this seems not to be  a worry for anyone.  It frees up individuals to celebrate in their own time and place.  We have had lots of parties over this past year thanks to Sandra and Carol and Kim!

Birthdays were not a big production in my growing up years.
I do not remember presents and parties but always a birthday cake and a present from mom an dad and usually one sent out from England by dad's sisters.  This when I was younger was a fancy beautiful dress and would occasion thank-you letters sent immediately.

Now that we have young people like our daughters and granddaughters planning parties can be fun.

It would be fun to journey to the lake to take part in Lincoln's.  Hard to believe he will be two.

I try to remember birthdays with a card but sometimes remember too early or too late.

I am very vulnerable right now knowing that any deterioration in either my health or dad's will mean changes.  I feel that we should do our best to be healthy and I am thankful for the good health we have right now.

Megan arrived right on time from her work and got right to work doing the windows.  Between dad and myself we keep things pretty clean.  Anyway clean enough for me.

Anyway we have each been given the gift of life and there is no one just like you or me.  My life will never be lived by anyone but me.  Life seems to me to be racing by and although our past has some influence on our here and now it is not to be lived over and over.  I grew up in a time of worries for my parents.  My dad's concern was the war and his family in England and my mom was worried about her sister who had to go through a painful divorce. 

Worry comes natural to me but my main thing is to live my life now in a way that matters.

7 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

I'm not sure what the alternative might be to worrying?

I think worrying tends to be related to having concern for other people. So maybe it is a good thing?

Love,

Rick

Steady-as-rain said...

A little bit of laughing probably moderates any of the problems associated with too much worrying. A mixture is probably good. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sandra and Tash . Its Tyler's birthday here.
ken

Sandra said...

Thank You Kenny. I don't know if I will even get a birthday cake this year, I guess I will have to make one when I get back from Ontairio.

Anonymous said...

Carol will br bringing Haiti over to your house this morning an she is making a big salad to bring after work. I have an early morning meeting, but have to get bcak to the house to do stuff for school, so I probably won't be over for supper when you guys bring Kim home from the airport. xo Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

Well, I sure hope you and Larry can stay healthy now and remain in your home as long as you want to! We too, want to do the same thing!

How exciting for you to have Kim coming home today....I can just see Haiti when she sees Kim again! I guess university starts soon for her.

You sure have a lot of birthdays at this time of year. We used to have a lot of family parties too...all the birthdays and holidays were here. I retired from doing all the parties now after 55 years....leave it to the younger folks!

We have been at emergency depts three times in three days, with Carl. Yesterday we were also at a hospital in Winnipeg where he had a minor surgical procedure. He is having problems with his prostate. It is so tiring, every trip is lots of driving because we live so far from everything.

Today and tomorrow there are heat warnings due to the +30 temperatures and high humidity. Here I thought we were all through these days for this year! But it is good for the gardens, everything looks so nice.

Well I hope you don't worry too much Beth...try to push those thoughts which you have no control over out of you head as soon as they come, with good thoughts, good music, walks and laughter!Live in the moment, that is all one can control....not yesterday or tomorrow.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Ken We did talk about Tyler's birthday but I have no address.

Hope he has a good day and year ahead,

I was going to make Sandra a cake if she stopped by but we had lunch with her instead.

Good thoughts are being replaced.

Nancy you are like us you have your bad days and not so good ones.

We enjoy the happy ones too.

love beth