Tuesday, September 8, 2015

COMMUNITY

"Healing is impossible in loneliness; it is the opposite of loneliness.

Conviviality is healing.

To be healed we must come with all the other creatures to the feast of Creation" -W.Berry

A community does not have to be large but a group of two or three works.  As Jesus said he would be there.

I have had a sense of community caring when some one carries my groceries home for me,
When a friend going the different way turns around and walks me home,
when a hand reaches out to me when I take a tumble at the soccer field and fell backward and landed a little shaken but not hurt.

Sitting with family and other team parents we cheer on the soccer game.

I have missed going to church but I know that there has been a community of prayer, a network of committed prayer warriors with me so I am not alone.

"The Creating Spirit takes in all life and offers back new life."  -church bulletin

I managed to make it to coyote creek done to where the leaves are changing color.  Yes, it looks and feels like autumn.

I am walking alone but do not feel a lonely.

Every step I take requires concentration and care.

"We create our own loneliness from our fears." - church bulletin

A compassionate community big or small gives the gift of healing.

And good fruit and veggies from Donna and Ron's garden over on Salt Spring.

Dad went for a bike ride before we went shopping and out to lunch.



5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Community...yes, we love our community and the wonderful feeling you have when you volunteer to help out others.One sure couldn't be lonely here with all the activities that are available. They even have pickle ball....which I understand is an easier version of tennis.

I do have single friends who are lonely. They choose to stay home and not participate and don't have any family. Sad.

Well Beth, you are really on a roll...walking down to Coyote Creek...is that the farthest you have walked in quite a while? Good for you...I have to hand it to you for your determination on getting stronger. Nice photos once again....I do enjoy seeing them.

I am a little surprised to hear that fall is arriving so early in Vancouver. I always remember my Great Aunties telling us to be sure and come for a visit before the October storms started. They lived in New Westminster. We visited every year, usually travelling by train.

I had a drive through beautiful farm land to Beausejour today....it is about 80 kms one way. The farmers are busy combining their crops and the geese were flying in V's overhead. Migrating songbirds gathered on wires in long rows, having a rest. Such a beautiful time of year!

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

I am here, the plane ride was fast and painless.
The hotel is very nice, so now I just have to find me way to the seminar tomorrow.

Mary is going to come have room service with me tomorrow, then we will bath the kids and she will drive home.

I am very much looking forward to next week when it sounds like the weather will be wonderful again.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steady-as-rain said...

Lots of garlic from Ron and Donna. Maybe I will borrow some the next time I come down to visit. I put it in my curry.

The great majority of people (whatever race or religion) are very good - aren't they? I'm very glad to hear that people have been lending you a helping hand when you have been a bit unsteady on your feet!

Love,

Rick

(PS deleted prior post due to spelling errors)

beth bennett said...

Yes we have geese flying in formation here too. It is always a stirring sight and hearing them honking too.

It was a long walk that was for sure but a milestone for me.

Sounds like fun with Mary and the children. Will you see them again.

Yes lots of very kind people in this world.

Love mom